I suggest you ...

add push notifications for mentions, DMs, etc.

It would be really handy to have push notifications for mentions, DMs and other activities. In a perfect world, one could receive notifications when a keyword search gets a new hit as well.

885 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew ChavezAndrew Chavez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    IlyaIlya shared a merged idea: To add push notifications  ·   · 
    Jason FullenJason Fullen shared a merged idea: Turn Mobile notifications on/off  ·   · 
    Natalie Valentina CasettiNatalie Valentina Casetti shared a merged idea: Love Your new Push Notification on the iPhone app! Keep it please! THX  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Enable more notifications for the moible app. Such as Retweets, New followers, and Favorites. T  ·   · 
    NadirNadir shared a merged idea: That you have push notifications  ·   · 
    Francesco PosatiFrancesco Posati shared a merged idea: Why HootSuite for iphone doesn't have an integrated system of notifications?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add support for Push Notifications on IOS Devices.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Introduce the push notifications. It's what missing to make me completely move to this app  ·   · 
    HogWildMarkHogWildMark shared a merged idea: iphone push notifications/badges  ·   · 
    Meltz00Meltz00 shared a merged idea: Add iPhone notifications.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add push notifications for direct messages & mentions.  ·   · 
    carolyn32665carolyn32665 shared a merged idea: apply notifications to the iPhone app.  ·   · 
    StephyyDStephyyD shared a merged idea: Push notifications please!!!  ·   · 
    kuma_tankuma_tan shared a merged idea: it will be wonderful if hootsuite support sound effect function.  ·   · 
    Djluv_leoDjluv_leo shared a merged idea: Add push notifications for mentions,DMs  ·   · 
    EOkaforEOkafor shared a merged idea: Push Notifications  ·   · 
    EOkaforEOkafor shared a merged idea: Add push notifications  ·   · 
    StefanStefan shared a merged idea: offer a push option for the iPhone-App  ·   · 
    SacepSacep shared a merged idea: Poner notificaciones  ·   · 
    leadmarkeleadmarke shared a merged idea: Would love a sound alert when a tweet directed at me comes in on the iPhone  ·   · 
    FreitaucherFreitaucher shared a merged idea: Visual notification of new messages in tab-bar would be nice. E.g. when you are in home-Feed and get  ·   · 
    AaronAaron shared a merged idea: add notifications to the iphone app  ·   · 

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zach BowersZach Bowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Phone alerts are awesome, but what about desktop notifications? A lot of people operate our social accounts and the notifications only go to one phone (android users are SOL). Notifications either through email or a stream would be extremely useful

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed the hootsuite app for my iphone 3g a few days ago But the only thing is I don't know how to set up my notifications I've tried everything I can think of but it just won't work I really need some help with this please

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding this; but for those using upgraded versions, and managing multiple accounts can there be a notification DETAIL area? Just having the red notice circle on the icon with a number in it does not define which account has a notice, which currently does not help.

• Charron FordCharron Ford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate I missed out on this opportunity..I'll continue to use Echofon for my notifications and tweets

• SuperchampSuperchamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just did a test to see how the new push notifications would work on Hootsuite for iOS and it works awesome!

well done guys!! now Hootsuite is perfect for my needs and I suspect for the need of others as well and I can finally ditch the twitter app

• Richard Hang HongRichard Hang Hong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea if/when Hootsuite are going to add this? It's the only thing I can think of that's missing at the moment

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No brainer. Just add it in and you have the best app. iOS5 notification centre lays it on a plate!!

• @nuwen@nuwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't wait! I use the twitter app currently to send me notifications and then I reply through hootsuite lol!

• Karen GKaren G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!!!!! This is a much needed option. Someone sent me a Tweet two days ago and I just saw it. Adding Hootsuite to the iPhone/iPad Notification center is a MUST! With individual options for Mentions and DMs.

• MentnessMentness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This is the thing which is keeping this from being the best iPhone twitter client!

• TheMaxLewisTheMaxLewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Push notifications and then this would be a flawless app, ehchofon had them and I was with them for a while but too many problems with it, this is so much better EXCEPT no push notifications

• Edward JensenEdward Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can it be that difficult to implement for iOS when it's been coded into the Android version? With iOS 5's new Notifications Center, this is a no-brainer.

• NoreikNoreik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Push Push Push ...I don't need to stress it anymore....please add this to the iPad.

• couturefreakcouturefreak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're still waiting for this, I see.
        I've been using the regular Twitter app to get notifications of replies unfortunately. It's redundant because clicking on that notification automatically opens THAT Twitter app, of course.

Come on, Hootsuite.

Do we have to promise to go Premium?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base