I suggest you ...

Incorporate auto-refresh

The iOS 4 update is wonderful. Multitasking support is rather paramount with a Twitter app as robust as this. But. When I re-open the app, I don't want to have to go to every single column I have set up. I've never wanted that. When reopening the app why does it not auto-refresh every column and then display a small badge count for that column? When opening a column, it would be good to scroll to first unread as to not lose people.

Along those same lines, why am I restricted to only loading 20 updates? Can we make this an option? "load the last ## updates"? Keep up the good work folks :)

265 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rubbercakerubbercake shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Auto refresh for Hootsuite apps on iOS (iphone, ipod touch, and Ipad)  ·   · 
    Juan CostaJuan Costa shared a merged idea: Auto Refresh  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Auto refresh the columns please. I don't like having to pull down for the latest info.  ·   · 
    ScotScot shared a merged idea: Have a setting so tht timeline, mentions etc will autoupdate without drag down  ·   · 
    JackJack shared a merged idea: Auto-reload at 15, 30, 60 sec  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Need realtime stream or interval loading the tweet  ·   · 
    AlexanderAlexander shared a merged idea: Create an option for auto refresh of twitter search columns on iPad  ·   · 
    Aaron powersAaron powers shared a merged idea: Live stream twitter feed  ·   · 
    MickyMicky shared a merged idea: Auto-refresh or push of streams in iOS  ·   · 
    ChadgthomasChadgthomas shared a merged idea: Automatically update the feed when one opens the app from the iphone  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Currently iOS streams refresh when the stream is pulled down, as many mobile users have data restrictions. However, we will look at implementing this in the future for users who are interested.

To increase number of updates loading at once, go to Settings> Preferences > Messages to load. You can currently set this up to 200.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SaschaSascha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto Refresh is really a need for a serious Twitter app! To make it perfect, it'd be great if I could set it per stream and with conditions like "only on wifi". (While the latter being not that important as my iPad is Wifi only ;-) )

With auto refresh set to on the "new posts count"-bar should not fade out!

• AmamikiAmamiki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this app will become the best twitter client if this is added userstream. Because no other client have multi column UI. In japan, many users use userstream and many client on android and iPhone has userstream.
        I'm sorry if my English is wrong.

• Consumer_NeXTConsumer_NeXT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature should be added as an option: iPads love WiFi, which negates the data restriction problem.

• James WilsonJames Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely my most wanted feature. I have seen apps that allow you to enable auto refresh only when on wifi. Personally I'd use it on everything.

• roryenversroryenvers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please!!! It's such a pain to individually update every column. Given the choice, I go back to native twitter app during busy times (at events for work). And half the time, updates for any given column don't work at all. ie, right now, all my columns are stuck on Oct 22nd...it's the 26th. If I didn't pay monthly, I maybe wouldn't care...but I do. Thanks much for your consideration.

• autumnwalkerautumnwalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to see the options to auto-refresh based on time (user selectable - 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, etc.), I'd also really like to be able to manually refresh all streams with one button.

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It been nearly a year....Love Hootsuite but hate having to manually refresh. Is there any movement on an autofresh option?

• steve.cranesteve.crane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have for an app like this. If bandwidth is the concern behind not implementing auto refresh, consider an additional option so that the user may choose whether to allow auto refresh always or only when a wi-fi connection exists. Perhaps provide the ability to set different auto refresh periods for wi-fi and 3G connections.

• MoreWastedMoneyMoreWastedMoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am onboard with Micky here. We need a way to specify an auto refresh on the iOS versions. Manually refreshing each column is painful.

• Dames20Dames20 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree-much better to have auto updates andto be able to set update intervals. I get my updates from twitter and the go into hootsuite.

• LidaLida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy with a manual refresh. If there is one I have not found it yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base