I suggest you ...

When hootsuite refreshes, it must keep my place in the timeline.

If many Android twitter apps can do this, your web and android apps should as well.

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Prof. Patrick T. LaffertyProf. Patrick T. Lafferty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ClausClaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. More than 3 years and this problem still exists. @hootsuite You should not ask for feedback if you do not react to it.

• Morten V HansenMorten V Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only agree and add that this in the top 3 of tissues that prevent me from whole-heartedly embracing HootSuite over Tweetdeck, despite a number of advantages that mean that I should!

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the last 2 posters. This is infuriating. Scrolling fromthe bottom I want to read tweets all the way through the timeline instead of having to go to the top and then scrolling back through. I've just updated but would prefer to have the previous version for this reason only. Please do something about it.

• MohamadMohamad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should remember the place as in v1.6.8. It also should open missed posts from bottom not from top.

• LoisLois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started with hootsuite (light), mainly because Tweetcaster always jumps to the top instead of keeping my place. Light (so far) does seem to keep my place, and I consider that, along with showing actual date/time, instead of how many minutes/hours ago it was posted, to be the most important features in a twitter app.

• Nedra WeinreichNedra Weinreich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently switched from Hootsuite Lite (because it stopped working) to Hootsuite. Now, when I do anything with a tweet in my timeline (e.g., fave, reply), when I come back to the timeline I'm back up at the top rather than where I left off. It's very frustrating, especially since it worked fine in Hootsuite Lite!

Feedback and Knowledge Base