• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrianBrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LowellLowell shared a merged idea: Add Tweetlonger  ·   · 
    Nika Nika shared a merged idea: a feature that won't cut off a tweet longer than 140 characters.  ·   · 
    JeffJeff responded  · 

We don’t have any immediate plans for this feature, but if there continues to be interest we will consider this at a later date.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian CoxBrian Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

jeff why wouldn't u have plans for this when this feature been asked about for awhile now and its very simple to add..

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add my vote for this! I've tried to enter and retweet tweets that are longer than 140 characters only to have Hootsuite cut them short. I was told be someone, via twitter, that this was turned down by the Hootsuite guys because it violated Twitter's TOS. It does NOT violate the TOS because the "tweet-longer" service handles the tweet that's more than 140 characters. Every other Twitter client I've used utilizes a "tweet-longer" service...apparently it's not a violation of the TOS. :)

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) there is alot of requesting for the seesmic web, this feature is needed bad, others twitter clients came up with there own service like tweetdeck or seesmic uses twitlonger, so i dont see why hootsuite would not.. i guess its time to switch ...

• i2DoorHardwarei2DoorHardware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*Bump*
        I Agree, please add this function or post a reply on here that lists/suggests a solution (for all OS's-including Blackberry pls), that has the same functionality as twitlonger (i.e. Allows longer than 140 char posts).
        I would also prefer to uuse twitlonger rather than you creating your own, so I do not "lose" my twitlonger post history.
        A response from Hootsuite about this would be great (if one exists elsewhere in another section of the forums, etc, then please direct us to it), so I and those that have the same issue/question, can find an answer rather than the question just hanging out there unanswered. Thxs!

• Ken GKen G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add this feature.... most of your big competitors offer this, this is one of two features (the other is ""jump to top"") that stops me from using an app i paid for back when you charged for it. tweetdeck,tweetcaster,plume,seesmic and twidroyd all offer this feature

Feedback and Knowledge Base