I suggest you ...

offer the option having an image thumbnail and or preview for Facebook posts from the Android app.

When posting from the Android app to Facebook only a link is posted without a preview and or thumbnail below the actual post.

179 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christian DystheChristian Dysthe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JasonJason shared a merged idea: look into fixing the picture uploads to Facebook on a mobile device. It does not post the picture, just a link.  ·   · 
    Srinivas GollapudiSrinivas Gollapudi shared a merged idea: Provide Facebook link previews support while posting from the mobile app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hidding the image URL (and posting the image by itself) when posting on Facebook or Google+ in Hootsuite for Android  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create Facebook link previews from Android share  ·   · 
    Felipe ZapataFelipe Zapata shared a merged idea: ... don't know if it is a bug, but it would be nice for mobile app (android) to generate owly uploaded pics preview (or gallery) on facebook  ·   · 
    RemyRemy shared a merged idea: link in android app update is not visable in FB  ·   · 
    John BurtonJohn Burton shared a merged idea: Post images shared from Android to Facebook's wall  ·   · 
    R RodR Rod shared a merged idea: enable images from web page links for facebook pages when using andriod app  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you for waiting.

HootSuite is pleased to announce an update to our iOS and Android applications in response to your feedback. As of Wednesday, March 26th, 2014, we’ve updated the mobile apps to automatically include the image thumbnail and article summary alongside any link you publish to Facebook or LinkedIn.

Although previews are not visible in the app at this time, any links published to either Facebook or LinkedIn through HootSuite’s mobile apps will appear with thumbnail and link previews on the destination site.

We’re excited to deliver a top-requested feature with this release, and thank you for your feedback. Our mobile team is hard at work on a slate of other app developments, so stay tuned!

Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Grace StamsosGrace Stamsos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just downloaded your app and had really high hopes until I realized it wasn't just a fluke that my images have no thumbnail. You guys are under serving your target market, businesses with more than one page! I'm gonna delete since all these other posts from 2 years ago saw no resolution

• SergeySergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow it's been two years and still no progress? This seems like an essential feature for mobile users.The lack of this feature makes the app unusable for Facebook posts, posts with no preview images don't get attention

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We always post pictures with every post. This app is useless on this phone without it. What was supposed to be a convenient app ends up causing more work because you have to use a desktop to edit your posts to add the photos ball in.

• Steve WeigoldSteve Weigold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with other commenters on this. I currently have to switch to the native facebook app when I post images and links in order to get the desired preview because I want more than a boring link.

• Gail TGail T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only feature the mobile app lacks. Certainly makes it hard to stay with HS sometimes, especially when I can only update via mobile. Please fix asap!

• Jamie WatsonJamie Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this is still 'under review' almost 2 years later! What good is posting distributed content without an eye-catching preview? If the solution you provide dosn't work then we're forced to use other software.

wow... I am quite new to Hootsuite and I was really surprised that this does not work! Please change!

In the meantime I have to use an alternative app...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this feature. Seems like a no brained to me. The desktop app does it. Why not the mobile one?

• Nishant Nishant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Many other apps have this feature and it's important for businesses too. I am more likely to concentrate on a post of it has images in line rather than ones that have it as a link.

• Sarah WoodhouseSarah Woodhouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pretty much the only feature Hootsuite Android lacks for me and it's a vital requirement to manage a professional-looking page whilst on the go.

+1 Very important, specially considering that other apps are capable of. This is going to be a deal breaker for me to switch from hootsuite non-free plan to the other app/platform non-free plan

• liesaliesa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature when your job is very mobile and image based like mine

Alternatively add instagram as a place to post. You can then let instagram post to facebook and get your photos in facebook seen to others

• Carter AdlerCarter Adler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd put all 10 of my votes on this if I could! This is the only thing preventing me from really embracing HootSuite.

• Christine M. AustChristine M. Aust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same for iphone/ipad.... mobile versions need thumbnails too please!!

looking to post links to Facebook with image thumbnail and
        title/preview text in mobile / table versions - please!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base