I suggest you ...

Longpressing a tweet gives access to a menu with all functions to choose from.

I would like to get access to all functions (RT, DM, follow, unfollow, friends, followers, blocking, settings, GPS on/off, ...) by longpresing on a tweet. Longpressing should show a screen/menu with these options too choose from by a tick.

154 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Harmen de VriesHarmen de Vries shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  JeffJeff responded  · 

Great idea. We’ll consider this.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Nocera, aka Brklyn-Paul on CS Paul Nocera, aka Brklyn-Paul on CS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd , love to see this too... A variation on the Web version, where tabs appear at top, or can be swiped in or out, and multiple streams show at one time, perhaps adjusting based on the tab let's orientation. On my phone this app was fine, but on my new 12.2 inch tablet it becomes a time waster... I'd call that an anti-Hoot.

• jhanesjhanes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What you want is already done in Twicca, but also to show image. Hootsuite has 1 click for that and it is better. But the idea to add longpressiong is good.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please keep that only on long press. Normal press should still open the tweet's "page" like it does now.
        I find that Twitter clients normally follow 1 of 2 policies: popup menu or tweet page. I loved Twitter for Android, and now HootSuite, for their tweet page system. I find that the popup has varying options depending on what's there, so options go up and down accordingly and hence there's no muscle memory. Whereas with a tweet page, the reply button is always at the same spot, a retweet button too, so muscle memory is quite there and it makes things easier.
        If a popup strategy has to be taken, i'd like it to be option on long click, not instead of the tweet page strategy now.

Feedback and Knowledge Base