I suggest you ...

Longpressing a tweet gives access to a menu with all functions to choose from.

I would like to get access to all functions (RT, DM, follow, unfollow, friends, followers, blocking, settings, GPS on/off, ...) by longpresing on a tweet. Longpressing should show a screen/menu with these options too choose from by a tick.

153 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Harmen de VriesHarmen de Vries shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  JeffJeff responded  · 

Great idea. We’ll consider this.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jhanesjhanes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What you want is already done in Twicca, but also to show image. Hootsuite has 1 click for that and it is better. But the idea to add longpressiong is good.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please keep that only on long press. Normal press should still open the tweet's "page" like it does now.
        I find that Twitter clients normally follow 1 of 2 policies: popup menu or tweet page. I loved Twitter for Android, and now HootSuite, for their tweet page system. I find that the popup has varying options depending on what's there, so options go up and down accordingly and hence there's no muscle memory. Whereas with a tweet page, the reply button is always at the same spot, a retweet button too, so muscle memory is quite there and it makes things easier.
        If a popup strategy has to be taken, i'd like it to be option on long click, not instead of the tweet page strategy now.

• Dennis AltermannDennis Altermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Longpress is a "basic" action from all Android Users! I think this should be one of your top priorities :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base