For mobile ideas which aren't iPhone/iPad, Blackberry or Android related

Consider a Metro app for Windows 8.

The new Start interface for Windows 8 just cries out for a multi-cell Hootsuite app. I, for one, would love to have a separate cell for each of my social feeds … all tied to Hootsuite.

369 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bryce KatzBryce Katz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Luigi RawLuigi Raw shared a merged idea: Create Application for Windows Phone 8  ·   · 
    @benjielric@benjielric shared a merged idea: APP for Windows Phone 8  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please develop an app for Windows Phone 8  ·   · 
    ChrisChris shared a merged idea: Windows Phone 8 app  ·   · 
    Craig McBainCraig McBain shared a merged idea: How about an app for Windows 8? Or Windows 8 RT. I love using my Surface tablet.  ·   · 
    Pierre RomanPierre Roman shared a merged idea: Please make a Windows 8 Native app.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Build a Windows 8 mobile phone application  ·   · 
    Jayson WhaleyJayson Whaley shared a merged idea: Windows 8 Application  ·   · 

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because Hootsuite has refused to support Windows 8 I have basically stopped using it. The Web interface is too cumbersome to be used regularly.

PLEASE release a Windows 8 Hootsuite App!

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, a Windows 8 and especially Windows Phone app would be greatly appreciated.

Hootsuite app that works with the Surface Pro would be helpful, since monitoring social media is important for business.

It would be nice to have an app in "metro" for windows 8 that works on the Surface RT.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happening would require hootsuite caring what their users want.

• Henrik WaltherHenrik Walther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add an app! I have to stop using Hootsuite now as you do not have and app for Win8 and do not support IE11 included with Win8.1.

• Stephane BeladaciStephane Beladaci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can totally build it for you www.linkedin.com/in/flexengineer as a matter of fact you should have one code base with 80% code reuse across all platform and browsers. That's what Adobe did for NBC Olympics, if you watched it online no matter where or on what, it was a Flex app running on Flash Player on the web and Adobe AIR for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry etc

• Brian MulawkaBrian Mulawka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish I had more than 3 votes for one idea -- this is the one I'd spend them all on. This is a must have.

• Paul NeafseyPaul Neafsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WP8 is just crying out for a Hootsuite App. I for one use all the social media in their separate apps and would LOVE to be able to make one post that goes to them all. Would save time and lets face it, some of the apps aren't very user friendly right now.

• Fazz RahmanFazz Rahman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the windows phone 8 is an excellent and smooth platform. better than android. and certainly deserves to have hootsuite!

• Robyn WrightRobyn Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please make a fabulous app for Windows 8 computers, including RT version. There are no Windows 8 apps for social media right now that are robust enough for heavy users.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base