Enable Accessibility Features!!!

Hi Hootsuite. Twitter allows users to add alternative text to images, so that screen reader users can access the content. Please adapt the usability of Hootsuite to also enable users to add alt text for Twitter! 

Comments

• YES. This. I manage social media for a disability rights organization and I really can't use Hootsuite if I'm not able to caption images in one way or another. If Twitter didn't offer alternative text, that would be an issue for Twitter, but it isn't - and if I'm going to use platforms like Hootsuite, I need to be able to access accessibility features.
  • edited May 4
    I too need this feature.   Until it is added, I have to leave twitter out of my Hootsuite posts (unless they're text only) and then post to Twitter separately.  Kinda deafeats the purpose of Hootsuite.  
  • Yes!  Please add Alt Text.  It's important to reach ALL users!  Accessibility is vital.
  • For us our regulations say it´s mandatory to have the alt text on our twitter account  - please add it as we would like to make our social media accounts accessible for all users and would like to continue hootsuite.

• When using the scheduling feature, the am pm buttons were not in the order of navigation, after putting in the hour and minute.  This means that unless you use a mouse you cannot select pm.  I have been surprised at how accessible this site is, and the development team could fix these issues, like tags for images, and the other items, and have a great site.