Add an option to disable shift+enter to publish

Shift+Enter to auto publish is a *shortcut*, not a necessary feature. Most people don't even know it exists until they accidentally press it and blast out a half-finished message to thousands of people.
1 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

We are reviewing the current experience in the Compose Message Box and are considering hot keys in future updates!

Comments

• When typing in a post, in most social accounts, you can hit [Enter] or [Shift+Enter] to put a new line character into your post, on the dashboard, it just automatically posts. I can't find any way to put a new line character in a post without accidentally sending it. This is important as I put them in almost every post.
  • Why not just hit [Enter]?
  • I made an account solely to comment that I agree 100% with OP here! And to say that the knuckles in my hands can't take many more "GOD DAMNIT" impacts with my desk after accidentally publishing half-finished messages to thousands of followers.

Being serious, though, it'd be cool to make this optional. Facebook and most other platforms I've encountered use Shift + Enter to make a line break. It's a difficult habit to break...
  • This particular feature of Hootsuite is the one that drives me insane, and I scream NOOO out loud on a regular basis. I post a lot on other social media platforms, and the standard in those platforms is to use SHIFT-RETURN to create a line break, and RETURN to send. Hootsuite does it in the reverse, which means my little brain has to struggle to do the opposite of every other application I use. PLEASE go with the standard: SHIFT-RETURN means a line break, not SEND NOW!