or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PeaCatsPeaCats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy crap is this annoying, apparently it's been an issue since 2010. I can't even explore new blogs cause it will always reset to the top of the dashboard if you leave it alone for only a few seconds. Forget the stupid new messaging features that I don't think anyone uses, please Tumblr/Yahoo just fix this and get the basic functionality of the app down before you tack on any more useless features!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drives me nuts. I can't understand any of the recommendations to stop it. Is it possible??

The app refreshes even faster since I switched to iOS 10. It gives me legit anxiety that being out of the app for <5 minutes can cause me to lose my place in the feed. I'm considering uninstalling it and just trying to use it on the mobile browser, except that the browser version pushes the app so hard as to be useless.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tumblr knows it's annoying but they keep it because auto refresh moves fresh advertisements to your device. The programmers are not too bright because they can use Ajax to fix the issue. Tumblr needs to stop decorating their app with silly bells and whistles
        and focus on fixing annoying features

• Mark SalinasMark Salinas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like the Tumblr app has a auto refresh switch in the settings; look for what's happening on Tumblr switch and turn it off.

this is seriously the worst about the app, as soon as I leave it for a second, it refreshes the dashboard, even though I have background app refresh turned off.

• drowninkdrownink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I SWEAR I'M GONMA FLIP MY SHIT IF TUMBLR RELOADS MY PAGE ONE MORE FUCKING TIME

• JanitJanit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's seriously the worst now, I respond to a text and my place is completely lost.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! This is extremely frustrating! It disorients the user and causes a waste of time trying to find out where you were before the refresh.

Feedback and Knowledge Base