Feedback Forum

How can the Instagram app be improved?

Timed posts!

It would be great if an option was added to the final post screen that allowed users to set a certain time in the day for the picture to be posted without the user having to actually do it manually at that time. For example: I set my Post Clock (if they call it that) to 3:45 today and press post. It will give me a confirmation that the image will be posted at the time I selected. And I will be at work from 12:00 till 4:00 and while my phone is not with me, the system automatically does it in the background. This would be pretty cool along with a multi-user feature like twitter that hopefully doesn't create bugs. CHEERS!

135 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SevSev shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new integration is cool, but I agree....you still have to post manually to Instagram, which makes it hard to do if you don't have your phone or you manage multiple accounts. Hootsuite also chops the pictures strangely when posting to IG with no option to resize or adjust the chop. You might as well still use the native app. Dying to see IG included in Hootsuite like Twitter, FB, and Linkedin!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. If I scheduled it at xyz time, that's when I want it posted. If I wanted to filter it or other nonsense, I would have done that from the start. I need the posting to be scheduled and run automatically - the whole appeal of HootSuite. What's the point if I then have to ok the post at the correct time??

• bettina bellbettina bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love to see this happen! Do you know if it will or are you guys making any changes soon?

Feedback and Knowledge Base