Feedback Forum

How can the Instagram app be improved?

allow a photo to be posted to Instagram from your Hootsuite account

It seems silly that we can use the Hootsuite interface to interact with Instagram, but not post the one photo to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. What is the point of managing the process of liking and commenting on photos for Instagram, but not being able to use it's primary function i.e. sharing photos

661 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LeoLeo shared a merged idea: How do I add instagram as a "social network"??  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hi,, why my account hootsuite can't added social network with instagram?  ·   · 
    Kim HurdonKim Hurdon shared a merged idea: Instagram! I wanna hook up to Instagram. Let's do it! And why don't you recognize Canada as it's own country? Just sayin...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Instagram post option please. Pinterest as well.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Be able to post on Instagram!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'd love to post via Instagram via this app - scheduling is a must!  ·   · 
    JulianneJulianne shared a merged idea: Allow me to connect Instagram with Twitter and Facebook Pages  ·   · 
    Akram FreijAkram Freij shared a merged idea: post a pictures  ·   · 
    Lekan AfolabiLekan Afolabi shared a merged idea: Instagram is the next logical addition. Simply makes the most sense!  ·   · 
    stevesteve shared a merged idea: Instagram needs added... my organization works with young people... they all use instagram  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I cannot post photos directly from the computer. I have to post them from mobile app.. That does not make much sense  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: instagram  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Instagram  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: instagram  ·   · 
    Abdullah AlKhubaiziAbdullah AlKhubaizi shared a merged idea: to post instagram  ·   · 
    Lindsay StoneLindsay Stone shared a merged idea: Instagram- Ability to Post Photos  ·   · 
    StephanieStephanie shared a merged idea: make Instagram posting a reality!  ·   · 
    NatashaNatasha shared a merged idea: It's not available on your hoot suite app. When will it be available as one of the social medias I can add and post to?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Post to Instagram via Hootsuite  ·   · 
    Meño PreciadoMeño Preciado shared a merged idea: post to instagram via hootsuite  ·   · 
    Egypt GrahamEgypt Graham shared a merged idea: Posting on Instagram via Hootsuite  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make instagram an option to select when adding a social network  ·   · 
    Belle De SoirBelle De Soir shared a merged idea: instagram  ·   · 
    Tony DehnkeTony Dehnke shared a merged idea: add posting to the hootsuite plugin, let us post pics from it.  ·   · 
    MicahMicah shared a merged idea: Be able to post on all major social media networks at one time  ·   · 
    Bethany Huntley Bethany Huntley shared a merged idea: allow posting photos to instagram through HootSuite!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Post to Instagram from Hootsuite  ·   · 
    PietroPietro shared a merged idea: I want to add photos to Instagram via Hootsuite  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Help! I really need Hootsuite to post to Instagram!!! Instagram is where my major social strategies are taking off!  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Nicole WinstoneNicole Winstone responded  · 

Thank you all for your interest in this suggestion.

At this time, Instagram has not opened photo posting abilities to third party applications. Currently the only way to upload an image to Instagram is from the mobile app, it is not even possible from their web version.

We’ll continue to monitor progress with interest should this feature become available in the future.

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fashion DisruptorFashion Disruptor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable... How can it be that hootsuite can not offer a possibility to schedule Instagram posts? I want to use Instagram for marketing purposes but I am really disappointed that hootsuite can not provide this service.

• ashleyashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree about the false advertising with hootsuite. It's also ridiculous of Instagram. I will be using Instagram much less because of the difficulty incorporating it into my marketing plan. I will add to it, but it will be haphazard, at best.

• Justin D.Justin D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My issue is only with the false advertising of Hootsuite of a feature they don't really offer. The very first item under the Instagram App key features is not true. I've spent hours troubleshooting what I thought was an error on my part, or of my browser settings, or even of my browser extensions. As a last resort, I go to the forums and find out the truth..... NOT a good experience with Hootsuite.

"Instagram App: Overview
        Key Features:
        -Share your Instagram photos with your social networks. (!?!)
        -View your photos and a feed of photos for the users you follow, popular photos and your 'likes', all in your dashboard.
        -View and post comments and 'likes'.
        -Keyword search and clickable hashtags to view related photos.
        -View user information; number of photos, plus follower and following count."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is the only thing missing from Hootsuite! It's a must have for businesses

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would DEFINITELY love the ability to actually POST photos to Instagram via Hootsuite. This and Pinterest are needed features!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base