Feedback Forum

How can the Yammer app be improved?

Improve installation experience

I have installed the Yammer app and repeatedly clicked on the "Sign in with Yammer" button but never get a stream of my global feed or any other feed.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ken LoewenKen Loewen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AmyAmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me tooo...doesn't sign in, even though it offers the sign in to yammer button

• Steve RomSteve Rom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yammer will not create a stream in hoot. A new window is always created and authentication fails. Does not appear to be a browser problem, nor a platform problem. I have just started with HootSuite and would like to solve this problem quickly. I note it has been reported for several months with no reply. Where else should we look for help?

• Martin BMartin B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue....I want to use Yammer External but I don't need another desktop app and so wanted to use Hootsuite for posting and correspondence...Does let you log in.

• Christopher ClydeChristopher Clyde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem using IE9 and Chrome with no non-default add ons. My experience is exactly like Ken Loewens - Sign in with Yammer. Seems to work. Back to sign in with Yammer in the Yammer column. I am using the free version of Hootsuite.

• Ken LoewenKen Loewen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello - I'm still having this problem in IE9. I've also tried with Chrome and am having the same issue. I select "Sign in with Yammer" prompt and am prompted to Allow/Deny connection to my account (which it correctly displays) but am then taken back to my Hootsuite window and, when I select the tab I've created for Yammer, still see the "Sign in with Yammer" option.

• eccountableeccountable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when I first installed the Yammer app in Hootsuite, all I got was a column with some text input fields, a search button and several links - one of which was the "sign in with yammer". I discovered that if I disable the NoScript AddOn in Firefox (then restart the browser), that the Yammer app works correctly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base