Feedback Forum

How can the Social Notes Free app be improved?

After authorizing Evernote in HootSuite, I got an email from Evernote stating that weisuite.com now has access to my Evernote account....

weisuite.com ends up being a splash page for a developer....
Not sure this is the intended behavior! Certainly made me rethink authorizing Hoot for Evernote...

Here is the email:
-----------------------------------------------
Hello Jim.
You have authorized weisuite.com to access your Evernote account with these permissions:
Create notes, notebooks and tags
Update notes, notebooks and tags
List notebooks and tags
Retrieve notes
weisuite.com will have access to your account until 31 January 2014.

If you did not authorize this application to access your Evernote account, or would like to view or manage the applications that have access to your account, visit your Application settings.

-Evernote team

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim StalderJim Stalder shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SarahSarah responded  · 

Hi Jim!
    Thanks for the feedback! This is the intended behaviour of the app, as weisuite is the third party developer that created the HootSuite -Evernote integration. We’ll look at making this clearer in the future.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mario Stevenson (Minister Mario Stevenson)Mario Stevenson (Minister Mario Stevenson) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting because weisuite.com doesn't pull-up. When I studied HootSuite Developer involvement, it seemed chaotic. Do this, jump here, do this, let us know when you've done this, go here, run sample app (did it work?) I didn't see the up-line to the development team; I saw everyone doing something different, no uniformity and no conformity. The result is here we are!

• Charlie AhernCharlie Ahern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a new Hootsuite Pro user and was interested in integrating my Evernote account. However, I also hesitate to give an individual developer permission to read-write my Evernote account.

Feedback and Knowledge Base