Feedback Forum

How can we improve HootSuite?

Add Accessibility Options

I like the concept of 'Conversation', but it's too small and too glaring for visually impaired like me. Pls consider more accessible skins

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Thanks! This is great feedback. What would be the best way to make this more accessible to all of our users?

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jen BottomJen Bottom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I am a totally blind user and have been trying to use HootSuite on a Mac with Safari. Currently there are a lot of 'Clickable' items (text) that only sometimes respond if I click on them. Also at first glance, I can not easily tell which dashboards correspond to which social networks. Is there a preferred browser that I should run HootSuite in. Also if there is a platform or screen-reader that gives better results I would be very interested to know.

• Grace StrotherGrace Strother commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Anonymous.

It would help me a lot if I could pin in place the nav menu on the left. It keeps expanding when I accidentally hover my mouse over it. Since I use a screen magnifier in addition to a screen reader, I have to scroll my mouse around quite a bit to see the screen, which means I often move my mouse to the extreme left of the screen.

As for screen reader accessibility, I do hear the text for the most part when I hover my mouse over it, but if there were a simplified interface optimized for screen readers, that might make my life a lot easier. Also, could we easily flag each tweet as having been handled so we could quickly see or hear that it doesn't need to be looked at again? I often have to listen to the first line of a tweet as I return to the screen after being away for a while. That's a rather inefficient way to do things. If the tweet were a certain color, or if I could hover my mouse over a certain part of the tweet to hear something like "Read" or "Handled," that would help me a lot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base