Feedback Forum

How can the WordPress.org app be improved?

I would like to update my own wordpress blogs and social media sites at the same time

I would like to update my own wordpress blogs and social media sites at the same time

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SydneySydney shared a merged idea: wordpress.com  ·   · 
    Austen AlbertAusten Albert shared a merged idea: Wordpress auto published to hootsuite!  ·   · 
    TeresaTeresa shared a merged idea: Integration with self-hosted Wordpress sites  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Scheduling Difficulty  ·   · 

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to post to my wordpress blog with the rest of my social media, with one post - from my mobile device, too.

• Davis Ray Sickmon JrDavis Ray Sickmon Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll throw my votes behind this - I'd like to be able to connect multiple self-hosted Wordpress sites to this, and be able to decide which ones to post to through Hootsuite, etc. Would definitely be a killer app for me at that point.

It makes no sense that this isn't already apart of HootSuite. We just spent the last hour trying to get this working only to realize you can't do it. The majority of the people who would use HootSuite are the type of people who are going to host their own WP blogs. Make it so you can add a "Wordrpess.org" (which is a horrible name for "Self hosted" WP blogs) social network just like you can add the other regular networks.

As in, when I publish a blog it tweets the title, link and tags as #tags. Yes please!

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to schedule blog posts for blogs that are deployed (vs shared) is very important. It is the missing bit. Without it, I will continue to search for a Hootsuite alternative.

• Wiley ShererWiley Sherer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could give more than 3 votes to this. This feature would be the difference between me finally using both Hootsuite and my blog and just continuing to post everything on Facebook.

• FrancoFranco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be very helpful. The wordpress.ORG is already available, so I think is "quite" simple build this app for a self hosted wordpress blog, isn't?

• KunstromyKunstromy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, there is now a way to do this? I also would like to update my social media sites AND SIMULTANEOUSLY my own WordPress blog. Thank you

• MacMac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's is, in my opinion, the basic idea of using hotsuite and it would be great if the app support this too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base