Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Pictures viewed in Twitter feed

Preview pictures in tweets without needing to click another link to open up another window

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TomTom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hide the ow.ly links for photos on twitter.  ·   · 
    SPSP shared a merged idea: Add Picture and Video previews  ·   · 
    EazyiPhoneEazyiPhone shared a merged idea: to display pics directly in the timeline without the need of opening a tweet or clicking on the pic.twitter.com link would be great !  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: View Pic Thumbnails from other Users in Twitter feeds like Facebook.  ·   · 
    JoeJoe shared a merged idea: Show attached pictures on the timeline  ·   · 
    Federico SotoFederico Soto shared a merged idea: Poder pre visualizar las fotos en miniatura de twitter en el dash de hootsuite.  ·   · 
    ThandieThandie shared a merged idea: Allow images posted to Twitter via Hootsuite be visible in the Twitter feed.  ·   · 
    Jim FloydJim Floyd shared a merged idea: See twitter preview images in streams.  ·   · 
    Regan ZhangRegan Zhang shared a merged idea: Let us see expanded tweets and twitter cards in our stream.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add in-stream images for twitter  ·   · 
    JasperJasper shared a merged idea: Please make sure pictures show directly in the twitter feed IMPORTANT  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: View photo option for twitter photos?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: See photos without clicking on a link Twitter streams  ·   · 
    HORNETHORNET shared a merged idea: Add a thumbnail image of Twitter  ·   · 
    MalveMalve shared a merged idea: Imgur and twitter picture previews  ·   · 
    JeffJeff shared a merged idea: Enable photo view in the stream. Hate having to click twice to see a photo.  ·   · 
    Shayne PinnockShayne Pinnock shared a merged idea: Inline picture and link viewing.  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

Hello everyone! Thank you for you feedback!

With the launch of the new Hootsuite UI refresh, Twitter images will now display inline within your Twitter streams in the Hootsuite web dashboard.

Thank you all for your patience, and thank you for using Hootsuite!
    Travis | @Hootsuite_Help

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And the Scheduled tweets?? It's urgent, we lost to much time clicking edit if a scheduled tweet has an image or not :S

• TamTam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, this does seem to be an old problem. I may be forced to use Hootsuite for some corporate accounts, but not for my personal account if I have to click on every tweet to determine if I care enough about that particular picture. Lame. Especially given this request started 2 years ago. I'll stick to Tweetdeck for my Twitter needs.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Viewing other peoples pictures inline seems like a pretty basic request, i'm surprised Hootsuite doesn't support this while Tweetdeck was. My company is reconsidering adopting Hootsuite because of this simple feature not being included

• Dave FDave F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I will add that when I get directed to a forum to add my request for a feature that should exist, and that forum is 2 years old, it shows me a company that doesn't really care.

• Dave FDave F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just have them load in the feed like they do on Twitter? This is not a crazy feature request, it's what your competition does (and yes, Twitter is your competition). It wouldn't be a hard one to make, even if it is something you have to turn on in individual streams.

• Janet WagnerJanet Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently signed up for Hootsuite PRO so that images in tweets posted by Hootsuite would be displayed inline on Twitter. (Hootsuite is now integrated with pic.Twitter.com). Hootsuite PRO users should be able to also view pictures inline on tweets in Hootsuite dashboard streams just like you can view them inline on Twitter.com. Shouldn't have to click links or open in new window, Picture should be shown right there in the tweet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Used to love Hootsuite, but fell out of love once I realised that using twitter's website would show me all the pictures I was missing out on with hootsuite. I don't want to have to click a link to see stuff, I'd like it shown inline how it's supposed to be!

• LouiseLouise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this proposal started back in 2012 and still hasnt been actioned...hopefully not too long now?

• Markus KleinMarkus Klein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mobile android - display larger images in the feed or at least increase image size on click without going to a browser window.

Feedback and Knowledge Base