Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Autoposting from RSS feeds

As a news organization we'd love to have RSS feeds post automatically, instead of only every hour. This would help significantly with breaking news links.

104 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    World-Herald SportsWorld-Herald Sports shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Brett DenningBrett Denning shared a merged idea: raise rss/atom posts from 5 to 15  ·   · 
    jeromegentoliajeromegentolia shared a merged idea: Autoposting  ·   · 
    michelmichel shared a merged idea: Frequency feed rss updates  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • santiagosantiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RSS Auto Publisher only works with TWITTER, I need it for facebook groups !! :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great, using it now. Hopefully it can indeed index it within the minute. That's a service that is missing everywhere on the inter.

• Ioannis SoulosIoannis Soulos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear, but the RSS Auto Publisher does not work with our RSS feed, whilst ifftt and dlvr.it do... i tried a couple of test runs but with no result...

• Danny RussellDanny Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been over two years. Free services offer much more frequent posting than every hour. It can't be that hard to implement, not that taxing on your server for *paying* customers!

• Joan BosJoan Bos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd add 2 rss feeds a while (weeks) ago & at least one of the feeds updates regulary, but Hootsuite doesn't post any update. Why doesn't Hootsuite post rss feed updates? What's the use of defining rss feeds for a specific twitter account if it doesn't do anything with it. I'd tried it earlier with the other twitter account, but no success either.

• thalo magthalo mag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want RSS to post when new updates @ 15 min intervals, then do it with IFFT.com. Create a recipe that starts with rss, and set for new item, and then pick where it goes.. Cell , Social Media site, email, FB , or other .

You can use rss to fb, then make a sperate one that says when new post to fb , send to my cell , or whatever .. so you can step them together with separate recipes ..

If you want to auto post when new rss comes in and want it to have times set, like 1 post at 1:30pm,1 post @ 4 pm and so on.. . Then use RSS to Buffer.. You can select how many, and buffer will select preset times, or you can adapt their suggested time for add of a post per time set. But this is like one to one.. you can get it to post to like 2 facebooks via buffer, cause the buffer part in ifttt.com .. will only let one account .. so like you could get it manager more than one , but that's like signing up for multiple buffer and ifttt accounts. .

RSS auto post options are slim, For instance hootsuite will rss auto post from RSS, or ifttt.com (rss update , to hootsuite recipe) You but they wont "pick the image, cause we don't want to pick the wrong one) .. So , you could make a ifttt.com recipe, that works like this . .First get the rss feeds into google reader, .. then at ifttt.com have first step as google reader. When there is a tag (of choice) , then send to hootsuite, to service / social media site of choice , as auto schedule .. Then go into hootsuite, and go to scheduler and press edit on auto scheduled message break down , each message for auto time send , will have to be edited to confirm image , then press save. This will make linked updates to FB, etc.. with image ... Other than that there is sendible , but then we are back to intervals of hour, or hours .. So it means at 3 am , the rss will be a posting and wasting content and effort ..

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this is not being given priority yet? It has been 2 years now! RSS can only reach its full benefits if readers are engaged with up to the second news...

• MalenaMalena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. I work for a news station. The RSS feed is a backup to make sure top stories are posted. But right now, it takes over an hour to post, which makes us look very slow in getting stories out. I'm timing it now and it looks like I'll have to switch to another app for the rss auto-posts.

• Kent Fire & Rescue ServiceKent Fire & Rescue Service commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are an emergency service using Hootsuite for public safety announcements among other things - the ability to update from RSS feeds more than hourly would be extremely useful (and could save lives!).

• RachelleRachelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition, for the RSS Feeds, add the ability to add text or a hashtag to the end of the tweet, not just the beginning.

Feedback and Knowledge Base