Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

provide a report on who unfollows

I'd like to be able to see who stopped following us.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason NeaveJason Neave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Paul O'RearPaul O'Rear shared a merged idea: Add new features to Contacts tab.  ·   · 
    Jurriaan SchokkerJurriaan Schokker shared a merged idea: list unfollowers - names and numbers  ·   · 
    Monique MeestersMonique Meesters shared a merged idea: The report on followers expand with number of new followers en number of dropouts.  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • chemachema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be very useful in order to avoid the use of other tools, simply adding a stream.

• Asher BondAsher Bond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a useful suggestion. There are a number of stand alone apps that do this (and seem to be having scalability issues which may indicate demand for this feature perhaps and perhaps not just me who wants it).. and so it would be a convenient thing to see in the contacts menus. The algorithm involves keeping a cache of currenty followers and making a diff comparison. (seems simple, right? This time I actually mean it.) An even simpler thing to show is "Who's not following back." .. you can probably guess the algorithm of diffs.

As a side note I also think there is an actual bug where the Twitter API limits the amount of calls a user can make and HootSuite contacts page shows "You have already unfollowed this user" when it the dialog should maybe have more of a "You have reached Twitter's API limit of X api calls per <interval>" tone (even if that's not the dedication to outside detail the UX teams et al have commited to).

Feedback and Knowledge Base