Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Allow users to schedule new style retweets

Currently, only the old style retweets can be scheduled. I would like to be able to schedule the new style retweets as well.

351 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndrewAndrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mary JoMary Jo shared a merged idea: Scheduling retweets  ·   · 
    IvanIvan shared a merged idea: Schedule for RT  ·   · 
    StyxxoplixStyxxoplix shared a merged idea: Schedule retweets  ·   · 
    rick baskettrick baskett shared a merged idea: add scheduling for new retweet method  ·   · 

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MJMJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once I schedule a tweet from one account, I want to be able to use other accounts to automatically retweet the first post without having to email myself a reminder of the tweet, or go back in and manually find and retweet the posts.

• DMGDMG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been three years. It's not 'new-style' retweets, it's just retweets. How can we not schedule retweets? Can we get an answer on when this will be implemented?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buffer can do this - so the API doesn't seem to the be the issue. Very surprised this feature is absent. It's helpful for our brand to retweet certain other Twitter users with logo/avatar intact.

• Tom WoodTom Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost 3 years since you said you will look into this basic feature, and Buffer's had it for over a year! Is there still any hope for Hootsuite! :P

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drives me buts that long tweets can't be scheduled. Typically I don't want to boost the tweet right away but boost it after some time so people not currently online will see it. Right now I can only do that if I open it for editing (even if I make no edits).

• John-Pierre CornelissenJohn-Pierre Cornelissen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 from me. Let me elaborate on this one. All I want is to schedule a retweet without having to click edit and then use the (automatic) scheduling option. Reason:
        1) a direct retweet (from within Hootsuite) is listed in my followers stream with the profile picture of the original poster with indication that I retweeted.
        2) If I retweet » edit » schedule, it is listed in my followers stream as being send by me with my profile picture.

I can't think of any reason that Hootsuite won't be able to send a scheduled retweet in the same way as it can send a normal retweet. It surely won't be an API issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After 2 years you still haven't been able to add this feature? Back to Buffer.

• Jay StephensJay Stephens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys.
        If you decided in 2011 to look into whether the API allows this, surely you can give me my vote back by closing this one before 2014?

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can re-schedule retweets with Hootlet (although old RT style). Why could it not happened on the main Hootsuite page too?

• Barb GibsonBarb Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using Hootsuite and this feature is one of the first things I looked for on Day 1. Not being able to schedule the new style retweet feels antiquated.

• Jacqueline StewartJacqueline Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Hootsuite! - Buffer have this> It starting to become a critical issue due to the way retweeting has changed. Has this really been under review for 1+ years!?

• KyleKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look into this faster - Buffer is doing it and the feature is critical.

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me this is one of the big disadvantages with Hootsuite - it is possible, and there are other tools out there with this functionality (cotweet being an example). any update?

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's bizarre that this feature hasn't been added, and it's the main reason why I don't use Hootsuite.

• Annie LambertAnnie Lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, over two years since this was first mentioned! The technology is out there; other apps do it. Why not Hootsuite? This would be a big help to all users!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base