Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

The ability to export scheduled messages

If we can import posts, it would be nice to be able to export the posts. For past scheduled - it would be great to export these posts with the date and any analytics pulled for each post (likes, comments, RT's, @mentions).

142 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Megan VandervortMegan Vandervort shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add a print button to the publisher  ·   · 
    HeatherHeather shared a merged idea: Add the ability to print or email calendar in PDF format  ·   · 
    Jocelyn. Olmedo Jocelyn. Olmedo shared a merged idea: A account report for the messages you have scheduled and sent.  ·   · 
    KristenKristen shared a merged idea: create a function to allow users to export their scheduled tweets to Google calendar.  ·   · 
    AshleyAshley shared a merged idea: allow for users to download sent and scheduled posts in a CSV file.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Provide a way to print out a list of all scheduled posts for the past month for reporting  ·   · 
    Donnett Smith Donnett Smith shared a merged idea: Offer the ability to save or export all posts to an external document  ·   · 
    NicoleNicole shared a merged idea: create a downloadable/printable calendar of the Publisher calendar  ·   · 
    KnoodleKnoodle shared a merged idea: add a more robust scheduler/calendar.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: allow for an export function in the tweet publisher  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: allow scheduled updates to be exported into report form  ·   · 
    KellyKelly shared a merged idea: Export capability for scheduler so I can share my scheduled updates with co-workers.  ·   · 
    TinchTinch shared a merged idea: Print/download list of scheduled Tweets/Posts  ·   · 
    katykaty shared a merged idea: Is there any way to export content from the calendar?  ·   · 
    CharlieCharlie shared a merged idea: I want to download my scheduled FB posts as CSV so I can migrate to a business page & reupload  ·   · 
    andraandra shared a merged idea: Export and import pending stream to csv or excel, so we can easily modify the schedule  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Nicole WinstoneNicole Winstone responded  · 

We’re happy to announce the ability to export scheduled messages from the HootSuite Publisher. From the Publisher, select the list view then check to select the messages you would like to export. Next click ‘Export to…’ and select your desired format.

You can find further instructions and screenshots in these articles:

Scheduled Messages: http://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21527375-Exporting-Scheduled-Messages

Past Scheduled Messages: http://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21535039-Exporting-Past-Scheduled-Messages

Please submit a separate suggestion for the ability to see analytics for past scheduled messages when exported.

Thank you all for your patience!
    Nicole | @HootSuite_Help | http://ow.ly/dBnBz

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Russ AlmanRuss Alman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My comments were merged from another thread, but this is not the same thing I asked for. I would like to be able to print an actual calendar -- not an export file. The export file is useful too, of course, but I have clients that simply want to see what I've scheduled for them on a graphic calendar.

• Russ AlmanRuss Alman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Working with clients, it would be helpful to be able to save a PDF copy of their calendar for review.

• Matrix 2Matrix 2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am just adding to the chatter. I would alos like to see this feature implemented. I had to Google it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use hootsuite as our go to social media dashboard for my company, the ability to export a spreadsheet would save a LOT of time.

• Alexandra Alexandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be amazing to be able to export so i could share with my clients for approval first

• Erin BriesathErin Briesath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really appreicate this update as well. I need to be able to send what we will be and have posted to our team. I would love to be able to export and save the posts. I wish there was also a way to print the scheduled posts in a nice view so I can send it to everyone before posting. Thank you.

• Xander VehofXander Vehof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The need for Social Media Automation is growing fast. Exporting and Importing messages are a key feature towards this theme. The import module of Hootsuite is not very impressive for Facebook. Nevertheless I haven't found an alternative yet. I would say: here is a feature Hootsuite can outstand the competition.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Asking for the same request - an ability to export our "updated" posts/tweets into a csv file. Example, I've uploaded a CSV with 100 tweets, but since then have edited random ones through Publisher. Next month, I want to bulk upload this again but right now there is no way to pull them from the Publisher?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are promoting an event with another organization and I want to be able to show them the Tweets that we have scheduled so that they can coordinate Tweets with ours. If there was a way to export my scheduled Tweets into an excel or word document that would be so helpful. Thanks!

• Erica WerneryErica Wernery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been trying to figure out how to do this and found the only way is to export my messages from the admin setting on Facebook and archive that way. This option would be very helpful especially for pending messages.

• Chris from HootSuiteAdminChris from HootSuite (Ambassador of Happiness, Hootsuite) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The official status is unchanged and still under review.

Keep in mind that HootSuite has well over 1,000 feature requests under review. Appr. 650 feature requests that were under review have been implemented and are therefore "completed". Some of those were under review for almost three years and have just been completed during the past three months.

HootSuite rarely comments on what features we plan to roll out, or their estimated time of arrival. Once they are released, we mark the idea as "completed".

Thank you!

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review since November 03, 2011? As of today it is August 10, 2012 - A simple No we're not going to do it or Yes, it will go live next month would be nice.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Lisa - would be quite happy to be able to print/export past scheduled and scheduled tweets!

• Geri SeiberlingGeri Seiberling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user with a plan for my Twitter posts. I want to replicate my pattern later, so want to remember how I did it, and it would be helpful for me to have this record of past tweets. I don't want to manually copy and paste, so this would be wonderful to have it exported in a nice little package.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base