Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

to add yourls support for own link shortening

Use the API of the simple to configure yourls open source project to shorten links with the use of the own domain. ie. pro7.de/galileolive

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Florian RaufeisenFlorian Raufeisen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Thomas FreemanThomas Freeman shared a merged idea: Add support for personally branded URL's through the YOURLS api.  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NateNate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Twitter hadn't closed Facebook support and removed the Android app, I would still be with them. Do we really still not have native support for URL shrinkers that aren't ow.ly?

The only way I have found around it is to create a URL manually and share it via Hootsuite that way. Really, it would be great to see it work out of the box. For those on Android, I recommend URLy (Free). If you aren't on Android, I don't know what is available for you guys. Sorry.

• Michele NeylonMichele Neylon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. It's a major weakness and the way Hootsuite wants to charge for its own shortener is insane.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About two years after the original question and one after the last comment.... Do you have YOURLS link shortener in hootsuite?

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOURLS is a given considering hootsuite is courting corporate clients... many of us are using vanity URL shorteners for branding purposes. This could be a big boon and a reason to switch from Tweetdeck, which already offers the functionality

• CallumWCallumW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set up my own yourls domain and am looking to use it with a social media agent
        Has this been reviewed since the question was asked?

Feedback and Knowledge Base