Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    didaiodidaio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Huteri ManzaHuteri Manza shared a merged idea: Please.. Please.. Increase Character Limit When Posting To Facebook Pages  ·   · 
    Huteri ManzaHuteri Manza shared a merged idea: Please Increase Character Limit on Post To Facebook Page  ·   · 
    Joanna KennedyJoanna Kennedy shared a merged idea: Remove the character limit on Facebook posts or update it to the 32,000 character plus limit Facebook has natively  ·   · 
    SwamiSwami shared a merged idea: Remove Facebook posting character limit because Facebook supports long messages  ·   · 
    Radar HillRadar Hill shared a merged idea: Update character limits  ·   · 
    DennisDennis shared a merged idea: Allow hootsuite to allow 1000 character posts for Facebook, since that is now permit.  ·   · 

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase this limit! It seriously impedes my ability to effective use of the HootSuite tool set, as I make daily posts that are very long. I had hoped that HootSuite would be a time saver for me. But, truncated posts are completely useless to me and my audience.

• Ashwin AcharyaAshwin Acharya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Increasing the limit to 5000, or even 7500 or 10 000, would be very good. 2000 is quite restricting for people who are sharing information which cannot be condensed, or text - such as daily Mass readings, in my case - which often exceed 2000.

• RFRRFR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The present 2014-1-29 limit on text bulk uploads is very confining to anyone who has many topics on each of three Social Media.

If Google, Microsoft, ASUS, Yahoo and others provide large volumes of space for text AND images, why not give users more space when this is just text that you can compress?

A Gigabyte would be nice per PRO account to be used as needed.

Also, it would be useful for Hootsuite to display how much bulk upload space is used and how much is left so that we can plan ahead better and not bump up against the limit during an upload. This saves time for the user and for Hootsuite.

• Jack E ZehringJack E Zehring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this as well. The character limit has forced us to manually post to facebook which as others have noted is not what we want to do. Automation is the reason we use Hootsuite.
        Thanks.

Your *entire* reason for existence is so users do not need to go manually post things to social media. I do not understand how you can not deal with this ASAP?

• Huteri ManzaHuteri Manza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You said that you would add this functionality in Novemeber 15, 2011. But until now, It's still under review?

• Pepe GalletaPepe Galleta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same here. I moved to bufferapp that has no limitations.
        I'm sorry about Hootsuite. It used to be nice...

I'm another advocate of updating the character limit posting from HootSuite to Facebook.

• James SheetsJames Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        Now that Facebook has "upped" the character limit to 60k, I would like to see Hootsuite follow suit - that would enable me to use Hootsuite for my posts instead of having to post manually in Facebook (which is the reason I joined Hootsuit in the first place).
        Thanks,
        James

• DarrenDarren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. Just tried to post my Christmas opening times and I'm 20 characters over! frustrating. :)

• Jon BariloneJon Barilone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Based on my own tests, HootSuite actually publishes up to 2,000 characters even though the character count says you can't go over 420. However, we know that the full limit for characters on Facebook is 63,000+ (and was 5,000 just a few months ago). Would be nice to see this limit within HootSuite get bumped up.

• Stephanie AndersonStephanie Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if you could add this functionality. There are now things I have to post manually if they are over 420 characters. It is wonderful that Facebook has lifted the limit, so I know your user would really appreciate having Hootsuite match this.

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now Hootsuite restricts us to 420 characters, which is no longer necessary.

Feedback and Knowledge Base