Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    copycreatorcopycreator shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Brian in Edmonton ABBrian in Edmonton AB shared a merged idea: Allow for approvals in pro accounts  ·   · 
    F. E.F. E. shared a merged idea: Hootsweet Pro needs allow users who's posts require approval from a higher level user. Would pay for additional users if this were possible  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow limited persmissions for team members available in pro service.  ·   · 
    Cosette Cosette shared a merged idea: Create a permissions type that allows secondary users to view and comment on posts but does not allow them to make edits  ·   · 
    ErikErik shared a merged idea: Limited permissions in pro accounts.  ·   · 
    David MussonDavid Musson shared a merged idea: Allow Pro Membership to review user posts before they are posted  ·   · 

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a small company with a high level of risk unless message approvals are in place. I think the feature should be available on the pro plan as well. Small companies or those that are starting up do not have enough people daily on social media to justify using a enterprise plan just for one little feature. I think many small companies would happily pay a add on fee for this feature to be available in the pro plan.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No new comments on this in a while. This feature is something that can be extremely useful for accounts with as few as 2 users. The workaround requiring team members to edit a shared .csv file is clunky and a step that many would pay to avoid, myself included. Companies that are willing to pay for enterprise level service are not likely to downgrade just because this feature is now offered in the pro level service. The functionality exists in one version of your platform, so making it available in a lower tier won't require you to reinvent the wheel...

...what is the holdup?

• BethBeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. As a nonprofit, there are a lot of "hands in the pot" on social media, and the require approval feature is the only reason I convinced the Higher Ups to allow us to begin using a management tool. Without it, we may as well just use the Facebook scheduling tool and tweet as we need.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! It was one of the main reasons we upgraded from free. We want more team members accessing our account, but we need some oversight.

One of the main needs of every marketing manger is the ''required approval'' settings and I think the feature should be added to the Pro version of hootsuite so the small businesses - who do not need all the other features of the enterprise version - can benefit from hootsuite and live the full experience of social media.
        I wish you take my feedback into consideration
        Thank you,
        Reem

Has adding the approval process become a consideration for pro accounts yet?? This is the main reason we have signed up to try out the pro account, a fairly simple process which is greatly needed at businesses of all sizes working to better manage social media. PLEASE OFFER APPROVALS TO PRO USERS! Or if you are not going to offer it, please make a note on that approvals are only available to Enterprise users so that many of your once happy customers at least have a heads up!!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature that is needed for small companies leveraging external social media management and boutique agencies that support them. There is a fundamental need for this... unlike the other features of Enterprise.

Hello all,
        Do you know some alternatives (excluding Hootsuite that is by far too expensive for this basic need)?
        Thank you,
        Pierre-Yves

• John VaskoJohn Vasko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a problem. And we need to fill out a form and speak with a consultant in order to find out how much Enterprise is? Ridiculous.

• Amine HachimyAmine Hachimy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's plain ridiculous, the whole reason we decided to try hootsuite is to be able to collaborate as a team and review our posts before pushing them online. Everything else we can do with other FREE solutions out there. #EpicFail indeed.

• Matthew ComptonMatthew Compton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An integral caveat in signing up. Extremely disappointed that this is not even in your plans. Our account with you is now in serious jeopardy because of your lack of concern for users' needs.

Agreed! Many smaller businesses and organizations that can't afford your Enterprise plan still need a way to give staff members limited permission to draft messages that require admins to sign off on before publishing.

• Angela BoddyAngela Boddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously what is the point of Hootsuite Pro if we can't get other team members to approve scheduled tweets in advance - you need to sort this fast! Feel we're wasting our money.

Thought this was part of the Pro plan. Seriously disappointed it is not as it was one of the key features that got us to try Hootsuite. We are a small office and Enterprise is not cost effective for us.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base