Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Email alerts for failed scheduled updates

Having updates go out on time is important. If updates aren't going out as scheduled, I need to know ASAP - even if I'm not logged in to Hootsuite.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Isaac HolmgrenIsaac Holmgren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Email alerts for when posts fail to go out  ·   · 
    MarcialMarcial shared a merged idea: How do I get notification that my post has NOT been successful?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: let people know if their posts are not going through  ·   · 
    CarrieCarrie shared a merged idea: alert users that a network is not connecting.  ·   · 
    Michelle DowMichelle Dow shared a merged idea: there needs to be a better warning system in place when things do not post! ie - send us an email!!! This is getting to be ridiculous!  ·   · 
    MattMatt shared a merged idea: Instant Notification for Failure of Scheduled Posts  ·   · 
    Bad JoanBad Joan shared a merged idea: I would like to receive a notification to my email inbox when a scheduled post fails to post.  ·   · 
    the drinks associationthe drinks association shared a merged idea: Notify me (email) when a scheduled message is not posted due to errors in the system!!!!  ·   · 
    Mike KammingaMike Kamminga shared a merged idea: (e-mail) Notification for failed scheduled posts  ·   · 
    alvaromgalvaromg shared a merged idea: Inform/warn the user via e-mail when a Twitter or Facebook scheduled post failed to publish  ·   · 
    Adam Nicholas BurkeAdam Nicholas Burke shared a merged idea: email users if their account is experiencing issues.  ·   · 
    Katie NewportKatie Newport shared a merged idea: Send auto email alerts when scheduled Facebook updates don't post due to API errors, etc.  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: allow the option for e-mail notification if a scheduled post is not successful.  ·   · 
    Dan Saavedra Esq MBADan Saavedra Esq MBA shared a merged idea: Failed scheduled tweet alert  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Paige CorderoAdminPaige Cordero (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

Great news!

We’ve added the functionality of email notifications for posts that fail to send.

This can be found in your Web Dashboard Settings > Notifications > under Scheduled Messages > ‘When a scheduled message I wrote fails to send’

I hope this is good news for everyone and I’d like to thank everyone for their feedback and patience as we worked on this!

All the best,

Paige @Hootsuite_Help – http://hootsuite.com/help

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I shouldn't be able to schedule a post to an account that is not properly linked.

I had 4 full days of scheduled posts that didn't send because Hootsuite failed to mention I needed to authenticate the LinkedIn account again. I have an activity stream dedicated to scheduled posts for all my accounts so if I see something is scheduled, I assume it will go out at the right time. EXTREMELY frustrated and am reconsidering using Hootsuite.

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely important for people with multiple clients who can't monitor every post to insure it is sent out. Especially since LinkedIn keeps needing to be reauthorized. Are there any further updates on this? Its been "under review" for quite a while.

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so.

There were 14 unsent posts last month because of errors that I wasn't notified about... and that have yet to have been explained.
        Client was not trilled about that.

I have to echo the sentiment of the previous commenter.

Please add email alerts for failed scheduled updates!
        From an end-user perspective, this functionality should be included as an integral part of the Hootsuite message management tools.

Much of what we do is dependent on timing. For example; we promote a Twitter-only lunch special that has a finite duration, say 11a-1p. If my tweet is not sent at the proper time, our promotion would be seriously compromised and our business affected.
        This is why failure notification is so VERY important.

Also, the actual error message really needs to be changed to be specific to the error state. While Hootsuite or Twitter might treat "exceeded your daily limit" as a "generic" error message, the wording does not at all reflect that. If the URL I've included is malformed, that is what the error message should say. If the tweet cannot be a 'copy and paste' duplication, the error message should communicate this.

Thank you.

• AllisonAllison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having email alerts for failed scheduled posts would be very helpful to me. I just realized one of my client's scheduled posts haven't been posting for the last three weeks! An email alert would have helped me resolve this much sooner.

PLEASE DO THIS. I really need to know when posts don't go out, especially for Facebook. Hootsuite had some technical issues in the past, and I'd like to know if they don't go out for that reason too so I can post from elsewhere.

• AvelynAvelyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone please contact me in regards to signing up to hootsuite? Preferably by email

• James DiGioiaJames DiGioia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE DO THIS. I really need to know when posts don't go out, especially for Facebook. Hootsuite had some technical issues in the past, and I'd like to know if they don't go out for that reason too so I can post from elsewhere.

• Mike KammingaMike Kamminga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And why are old posts not displayed in the calendar? What's the harm? You could make them opaque like in Google Calendar to indicate that they are past posts. That way, if there is a problem, it's easy to notice.

Another option is to add them on top in the 'scheduled posts' box in your streams with a red BG color.

Just some ideas... Anybody else facing this same problem?

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There really should be some notification of a failed scheduled post. I lost several weeks worth of posts because of an authentication issue with LinkedIn. I didn't even know there was a problem.

• randyksarrandyksar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a similar issue like Dak Huntley where my scheduled tweet didn't go out but was scheduled. Did I do something wrong? Is this a problem that is confirmed/duplicated and being worked on?

• WCM Integrated MarketingWCM Integrated Marketing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Please do this... When HootSuite errors out on a FB message (which is WAAAAY too often) I need to know by email immediately, not have to check the UI.

• Dak HuntleyDak Huntley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I scheduled a message to go out at 10:30 this morning. The message is no longer in pending stream, but I still do not see it in Twitter or my fanpage.

• José Manuel Alarcón AguínJosé Manuel Alarcón Aguín commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find specially interesting the automatic retry as soon as psooible after a filed scheduled tweet. It happens all the time and I miss a lot of scheduled tweets because of API problems, so please, add it to the next version.

TIA

Jose.

Feedback and Knowledge Base