Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Export Followers to Excel

Hello,

I work for a large travel agency and my company has been using enterprise version of your software for quite some time. In addition, we have also been using CoTweet to fill in some gaps that we encountered with HootSuite, both browser and mobile versions. However, and due to my almost personal connection to HootSuite as I also use it for my private account, I wanted to share with you, in this private manner some of the things that would greatly rise value of HootSuite in the eyes of my company's leads, and I will be the first one to vote (and my voice counts quite a bit there) HS up. So, here are 2 major suggestions I wanted to start off with and see your opinion on whether this type of communication is worth the time, or should I try to go directly to HS's PR department? Either way:

1. Browser Version: ability to see if someone is following you on the spot like with mobile app would be incredibly helpful.

2. Ability to export followers... the ones following me, my tweets for specific time period, (possibly?) my followers tweets for specific time period. Ability to export to both Excel (for further analysis and drills) and PDF for immediate basic who's following/who are we following management reports?

What is the possibility of this type of development to happen?

Thanks in advance,
MS

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lauren SmithLauren Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

This is a great idea. We’ll continue to monitor this feature request to gauge support amongst other HootSuite users.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please add this feature...the ability to export followers' Twitter handles at the very minimum. I doubt Twitter will enable this feature since it helps us be more independent of them in the future. I think if you offered it, it would sway anyone who's contemplating working with a competitor's software!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The exporting function would be very welcome. Unfortunately, I need it now. So I will have to look for another solution in the meantime.

• PhilippaPhilippa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Chris, I agree with the above - an option to export Twitter followers (or those that we're following) would be really helpful

Feedback and Knowledge Base