Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Allow Schedule and Upload of pictures to Facebook without needing a Twitter account as well!?

I can't believe it's not possible to upload/or schedule a picture to be uploaded to Facebook without the requirement/necessity of having a Twitter Account as well. Sort this out please Hootsuite, this is a basic requirement.

417 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ashley LeaverAshley Leaver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Josi BrosamJosi Brosam shared a merged idea: Be able to post photos on Facebook without them being a link  ·   · 
    Steve LightSteve Light shared a merged idea: Direct photo upload scheduling to Facebook Pages / Profiles (Not via Ow.Ly)  ·   · 
    GioGio shared a merged idea: Hi, you should allow photo upload for FB users  ·   · 
    Liam McArthurLiam McArthur shared a merged idea: Post Facebook photo without using the owl.ly image hosting.  ·   · 
    Collin TaylorCollin Taylor shared a merged idea: Photo posts to FB directly, not requiring a twitter account.  ·   · 

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly I don't care if it requires a Twitter acct. Because it is a workaround that works. What IS a problem is that you cannot post multiple images in 1 post to FB through mobile. The user experience should be as close to the native FB experience as possible if you want people to actually functionally use Hootsuite. I think the mobile app is a great start but there is improvement to be made. I recognize that this takes time so I suggest prioritizing things that currently don't have a workaround...such as the issue above (and don't say the workaround is to make multiple posts if you have multiple images because that is unsightly). Most of us have very specific marketing schemes that require the format to be as we want. This is not allowing this.

• SonjaSonja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have several mid size clients but can't go ahead to recommend Hootsuit to them as long this basic feature is not included. Some of them don't even have a Twitter account. If I track back this issue, you really need to find a solution for this soon. Please keep me updated on this.

• BrittanyBrittany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really appreciate this app because it has so many benefits and really helps me keep my business' social media campaigns organized, but this feature alone has had me seriously looking for a different app. It would be really nice to be able to schedule and post images to facebook without owly. Besides the inconvenience of having to have a twitter account, I really don't like that it shows the owly link within my posts, and the images end up getting cut off or cropped to the size of facebooks "link" view. I don't have time to worry about posting specifically sized images that will display properly within that viewer and it just misses the mark and looks unprofessional when our posts can't be viewed correctly. I know this feature has been on the table for a few years, but it's time.

• Dave TeixeiraDave Teixeira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VERY disappointed this feature has not been implemented or at very least the "We'll consider this" message from 2012 updated with the reason(s) for the delay. This is a basic function missing from an otherwise excellent social media management tool.

• Emily ClarkEmily Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! PLEASE go without owl links. Please. Facebook does not need them at all and they make posting with pictures HORRID!

• David KnollDavid Knoll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm actively looking and testing social media managing tools this week and this is a huge issue in my opinion and I'm just starting to learn the system. Makes me afraid to know what else is up the deeper I go. Next?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Twitter you know that people use images on their fb page , why the owly link? it is problematic and makes you look ignorant and behind the times when people post on FB they use IMAGES not links. FB is not Twitter

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential I would say - this is what gets your postings noticed and especially for certain types of graphical businesses (e.g. estate agents, real estates, product pages, etc.)

Without being able to post an image to Facebook, I have zero need to use Hootsuite. I do not want a Twitter account and the purposes of my posts are for private facebook pages. I do not want the world to see these posts/pics and it will hurt the intent of my business. Hootsuite is useless to me at this point.

• Stephen SynaestheticStephen Synaesthetic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Functionality that mirrors that of Facebook Image post allowing a series of images to be attached to a single post and displayed in the order in which they are attached will be an awesome feature addition!

• Denny SmithDenny Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely needs to happen. What good is Hootsuite when it's missing a basic feature like posting images? It sort of defeats the whole purpose of having the app.

• DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me this is a no brainer. It should happen. This has to be the fault of Facebook for not allowing Hootsuite to allow their paying customers to upload images to their pages or schedule bulk links with only just a blue hyperlink url showing.

If this is caused by Hootsuites policies, I really question the policy and my future use of the product as a paying customer.

• Joakim NilssonJoakim Nilsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, using ow.ly via twitter for image hosting is not great at all... they should be native on each social network where allowed.

• Τζίμης ΕξάχορδοςΤζίμης Εξάχορδος commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ehmm... "We HOPE to enable this feature for a future release" is not at all the best answer. You know that this is what users really want, so you should probably answer "We know this is not good and we WILL fix that issue soon".

This is what users expect from a service like Hootsuite - to listen to their needs and do all necessary changes so that they don't lose their trust in the company and it's product(s).

And, it's really disappointing that in 2014 you can't upload a picture unless you have a Twitter account! OMG.

I love the idea of using HootSuite to post to my organization's social media pages. However, I'm just now getting our organization to use Social Media and we need to start slow. We've started using Facebook and Google plus but not Twitter. This makes it impossible to use HootSuite to post photos to our pages. I hope this is something you will consider accommodating in the future.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base