Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Create a desktop client for HootSuite

If you could create a desktop client for HootSuite (a native one), it would be a real boost to your excellent service.
It could be written in something like Qt, so it would become cross platform and also very fast.

143 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ako KamanAko Kaman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: An app for Mac OS  ·   · 
    OSIS SMP IPH WestOSIS SMP IPH West shared a merged idea: to make a Hootsuite app on Windows 8  ·   · 
    Gina JacobsonGina Jacobson shared a merged idea: Bring back support for Mac Desktop client  ·   · 
    Jonatan RønsholdtJonatan Rønsholdt shared a merged idea: Hootsuite Desktop Client Application  ·   · 
    sflsfl shared a merged idea: Deskopt client  ·   · 
    Ali Naderzad Ali Naderzad shared a merged idea: Make a true Desktop interface  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: windows 8 App  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: You keep asking me why I am not using HootSuite and I KEEP TELLING YOU. I want a stand alone desk-top system for Windows.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make a hoot suite dashboard computer gadget for PC so that hoot suite can be right on your desktop  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I joined HootSuite but will not be using it as I expected it to be a freestanding desktop application in Windows.  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: Code a Windows Desktop app (Standalone, not a plugin or browser shortcut, a REAL app)  ·   · 
    phinkphink shared a merged idea: offer a desktop app for windows.  ·   · 
    The Arcane ForgeThe Arcane Forge shared a merged idea: Hey I am suggesting that you make a pc app too  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

While we have no plans for a traditional desktop app, we’ll examine the use case scenario for one.

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A desktop app would enable system wide notifications to be an option so your users can be alerted to chosen events regardless of what window they're looking at. It would also give us a separate item on the taskbar something I find important, especially as Chrome has a RAM leak issue once too many tabs are open for too long. There are plenty of solutions that would allow it to be cross platform out of the box so you wouldn't need to create different apps for different OS.

I am not interested in your "Chrome App". I don't want chrome involved.

PAYING USER, I've given this idea 3 votes

• brian botkillerbrian botkiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since HS has killed fluid support, they've jacked up every ability we have to make a desktop app of HS. This is the dumbest crap ever. To expect people to always run their dashboard in a browser window is inane. Not that Hootsuite cares about anything like that !

GLAD WE PAY FOR THIS

• NatalieNatalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please create a desktop application. With all the safari tabs i regularly have open, I often forget to look at the hootesuite one as it gets lost in the shuffle. When I used to use *gasp* Twitteriffic's desktop app, I found it super handy.

• Jason CollinsJason Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The responsive web interface becomes unresponsive quite often, specifically when mousing over tweets to take action on them. It's frustrating, so I would really be in favor of a native Mac client.

yes please create a desktop app; it's be great to have one available in the Mac store. I also dislike web interfaces and would prefer a desktop app.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While your service is great, I don't use it as often as I should, never remember to login. If I had a desktop client that I could keep running like the old tweetdeck I would definitely use it more.

• John Darrell AskeyJohn Darrell Askey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even a third-party app, although unofficial and unauthorized, would be a help! I just created a Chrome "app" for the Hootsuite web page, which lets me open a mini-Chrome window. I tend to have too many tabs open and a stand-alone app (like this Chrome "app") would solve some of my computer performance issues (memory, cache/page file, CPU load, etc.) I have a similar app for LiveJournal, my main blogging platform, although I can also use the web page or the Microsoft Live Writer program. The app for LiveJournal doesn't offer a lot of features, but it's a lightweight program and meets my usually basic needs. A similar app or desktop program for Hootsuite would be wonderful!

• R. Stephen GraceyR. Stephen Gracey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss all sorts of things happening in social media because I always have to return to the web client to see what's happening. I can't believe there's no desktop client for this....

• Sander de regtSander de regt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using Tweetdeck 0.38 up until the very last minute, but now I have to switch. Hootsuite is very promising. I like the UI. The look. But I only run desktop clients. I want a seperate item on my taskbar. And I don't want my twitter experience ruined by my constantly open bookmarks etc.
        So 3 votes for a Desktop Client for windows.

• Douglas BrownDouglas Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use your service for only a small bit of what I could as I HATE web clients. I find that I close them down when I don't want to as it is a browser not an app. I'm running Chrome not HootSuite. Plus - it is slower in the browser...

Look at something like TweetDeck, Twitter is killing the old Adobe air version that really rocks so there is an opening for a great client experience. You guys do so much more but at the end of the day the client experience is what really matter to people's day to day usage. The experience I get from the HootSuite web client is poor so I only use it when I need it and I'm looking for a better client now as the TweetDeck client is going bye bye. :(

PLEASE --- give us a beautiful native Mac client!! PLEASE

• GabrielaGabriela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RE: I need this desktop app, it would be very convenient, and there is no other alternative but to tweetdeck, but it has a lot of problems, constant crashes...

I agree. Desktop notifications would make my job a lot easier and would push me to use hootsuite more often. Tweetdeck gets used more often cause of this function, not because I like it more.

I need this desktop app, it would be very convenient, and there is no other alternative but to tweetdeck, but it has a lot of problems, constant crashes...

• Ali Naderzad Ali Naderzad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am. It's sort of a let's pretend to be a desktop app but not a real one. At the very least needs image/video player integration. thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base