Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

being able to Group Profiles into groups so that you can select one Clients group and it contains all those profiles.

We manage numerous corporate companies Social media, and it is a huge problem that we cannot group certain profiles together for instance create a group for a client and that group contains their profiles and when you post you choose that customer group. this avoids mistakes made . This would be a huge benefit for any Social media Company

576 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Leon MarinusLeon Marinus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dennis van der SpoelDennis van der Spoel shared a merged idea: Ability to group social networks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Select default social group - only selects one profile by default at the moment  ·   · 
    JOAQUIN A ARANZAZUJOAQUIN A ARANZAZU shared a merged idea: grupos sociales por empresas y/o clientes  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: create multiple groups of "pinned" streams  ·   · 
    CarolineCaroline shared a merged idea: link social networks  ·   · 
    Vilsonei MachadoVilsonei Machado shared a merged idea: Bom dia, gostaria de sugerir a criação de Grupos de Redes sociais, pois existem postagens que desejo enviar para algumas redes e outras não  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create Groups of Social Networks  ·   · 
    Stephen MoggStephen Mogg shared a merged idea: Add Distribution List to group streams  ·   · 
    Chaz HallChaz Hall shared a merged idea: Grouping of tabs under teams  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: It would be nice to be able to arrange pages together in groups  ·   · 
    Matthew WatkinsMatthew Watkins shared a merged idea: Improved Group Profiles for social media companies for easier management  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add a way to select accounts to publish to based on a type/filter. For example, to select only Facebook accounts, or only Twitter accounts  ·   · 
    CharlesCharles shared a merged idea: Be able to categorize different Facebook groups to make it easier to send posts to specific groups.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: an options to make lists  ·   · 
    TonyTony shared a merged idea: Bad to work with profiles icon´s when choosing at dashboard and no option to create group of profiles  ·   · 
    Kostas KoutsKostas Kouts shared a merged idea: Categorize (group) "social networks" in groups  ·   · 
    Alessandro GiulianiAlessandro Giuliani shared a merged idea: Create groups of social network so you can select a gruop to post  ·   · 
    Michelle I.Michelle I. shared a merged idea: add feature for organizing accounts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Grouping of related social networks -- multi-business social management  ·   · 
    paulpaul shared a merged idea: Post all networks from within a group  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'd like an easier way to add groups so I read separate groups in separate tags  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make it to where you can seperate your fb groups into categories in case you only want to post to certain ones without having to sort each t  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Group Profiles  ·   · 
    Kevin CowanKevin Cowan shared a merged idea: Ability to manage multiple clients with multiple profiles for consulting companies  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Enable Making Hootsuite Subgroups( By choosing a from our existing subscribed Facebook Groups)and Save them to make Group Posting easy  ·   · 
    Alex de BorbaAlex de Borba shared a merged idea: Organize social networks by categories.  ·   · 
    Daniel MendesDaniel Mendes shared a merged idea: You can create a GROUP of PROFILES. So, to post something we could choose the group instead several profiles  ·   · 
    Cash TanCash Tan shared a merged idea: Why don't add a feature that can sort the social profile into different groups ?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i hope that hootsuite can add a new feature that can sort the social profile into different group~  ·   · 
    MarcelMarcel shared a merged idea: Social Media - Quick Select Groups  ·   · 
    James GammellJames Gammell shared a merged idea: Groups  ·   · 
    Catey MooreCatey Moore shared a merged idea: Group LinkedIn groups by subject  ·   · 
    Ruggero PiccoliRuggero Piccoli shared a merged idea: I would to create a list of Facebook pages managed by other (or FB groups) where to made a scheduled post of my contents  ·   · 
    Ned DonovanNed Donovan shared a merged idea: Make Social Network grouping available for Web and Mobile interfaces  ·   · 
    Ken HobsonKen Hobson shared a merged idea: Multiple Groups of Profiles  ·   · 
    Deborah KofskyDeborah Kofsky shared a merged idea: It would be a BIG improvement if there were more categories than just "favorites" for my profiles.  ·   · 
    Kevin GordonKevin Gordon shared a merged idea: Agency Accounts  ·   · 
    Arnold HightArnold Hight shared a merged idea: Allow us to create catagories that act as presets of what groups, pages, and networks we want to post to.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: enabling grouping social media rather than choosing one by one. I have six but post things on social media of particular combinations.  ·   · 
    Cyrus MostaghimCyrus Mostaghim shared a merged idea: Multiple favorite lists in Social Media Network Selector or drag+drop reorder of social networks in compose window like you can for streams  ·   · 
    McilvaineMcilvaine shared a merged idea: Creating Groups to send tweets to  ·   · 
    BlanxBlanx shared a merged idea: A Feature where we can 'Group Profiles'  ·   · 
    Ned DonovanNed Donovan shared a merged idea: Add ability to group social networks by team in "Streams" view as well as "Profiles" list for ease of sending  ·   · 
    Lindsey RhodesLindsey Rhodes shared a merged idea: I think you should integrate grouping of facebook groups. Some of my facebook groups I may not want to post something in.  ·   · 
    Mark JacobsonMark Jacobson shared a merged idea: Groups for various profiles  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add group tweeting  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Grouping Function  ·   · 
    Dan Mellins-CohenDan Mellins-Cohen shared a merged idea: ...let us save our posting account selections to save clicking on them all, every time.  ·   · 
    Terra CTerra C shared a merged idea: consider a function to group networks by profile.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: More control over how to organize your social networks  ·   · 
    Jovan MaricJovan Maric shared a merged idea: Labeling (grouping) facebook pages  ·   · 
    DirkDirk shared a merged idea: Sub-Groupings of Accounts in the Select Profile(s) Box  ·   · 
    JohnBejJohnBej shared a merged idea: Add a preset "group of accounts" button when sending a message so you don't need to always select em  ·   · 
    Michael P. HillMichael P. Hill shared a merged idea: Allow users to create groups of profiles for batch posting.  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

Hello everyone. Thank you for waiting.

We have implemented a social profile grouping feature for HootSuite Pro and Enterprise accounts.

This social profile grouping feature will group social profiles together by Team in a HootSuite Pro or Enterprise Organization, allowing users to post to all of the social profiles contained within that team at once.

To access this feature, please click the drop-down arrow just to the right of the Find Profile box within the profile picker.

Thank you for using Hootsuite.
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @Hootsuite_Help

142 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis van der SpoelDennis van der Spoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Group social networks on basis of organizations or teams. This makes it easier to select the networks to post to if you have a long list of networks. (Compose, Publish)
        Additionally: ability to schedule different posts/suggestions for different groups.

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update with this suggestion? As far as I've read, no one can figure this out. Myself included, I have teams formed in a Pro account but cannot regroup the sm profiles by team

• Ed BrancheauEd Brancheau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The instructions you gave aren't comprehensive. I've clicked on the drop down but there are none of my teams listed. What am I missing?

• Joel VillariniJoel Villarini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The solution provided seems more like a patch rather than a real solution.... It could improve much much more. C'mon Owls you can do much better we've seen it before :) An ultimate solution would also include a way to include our clients logo so we could have a visual reference to do it even quicker.

• Ryan R. BayneRyan R. Bayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Original post asked for "manage numerous corporate companies" and I only see the ability to manage teams.

I plan to add around 250 social networks and right now I don't see the tools to do that efficiently. As such I'll go ahead and create my Wordpress plugin to get this done.

The "My Social Networks" area alone is too basic at this time. Once even 50 are added it's going to get busy. I would need filters for starters, a data and time of the last time I managed the client.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my question is that once I have grouped specific facebook groups I belong to into a team that I created..........how am I able to send out a message/post to ONLY the profiles/fb groups within that spedcific team???

• MASMAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hootsuite, I don't understand how "TEAMS" would let us group anything. We're talking grouping social networks so that when we post, we don't have to select social networks individually.
        TEAMS is a good feature but has nothing to do with our grouping request.

Hey everyone, after pestering @hootsuite_help, the answer is:
        When you select the drop-down arrow in the right side of your profile picker, do you see the Select by Team option? This a Pro Plan feature with an Organization and Team set up. The grouping feature is connected to Teams, so they would need to be in different Teams to be grouped.

This does not address the issue. I also have 6 SM profiles for one company, 4 profiles for my own personal use, and a few others. I want to be able to at least drag them into groups on the drop down.

• J. Scott CoatsworthJ. Scott Coatsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Christopher - I see a team that I already belong to, but I see no way to set up additional "teams" with different groups of profiles. It does seem pretty basic, doesn't it?

• Christopher NobleChristopher Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How difficult is it to allow us to select social profiles and add them to different groups that we create. It can't be that hard to implement, surely!

• Christopher NobleChristopher Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You must be running a different version to us, I don't see anything that allows us to group profile . . . only a selection for "all, none or favourites" . . . same as it was before.

• J. Scott CoatsworthJ. Scott Coatsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you set up different teams with different sets of profiles to post to? Looks like you guys missed the mark, unless I'm missing something.

• Stephen MoggStephen Mogg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I see is None, All and Favourites. Not quite what I was expecting. would like to be able to create Distribution Lists, containing many Streams. A stream could be contained in many Distribution Lists. Regards

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base