Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

allow users to schedule tweets by the minute.

Your tweet scheduling is pretty good, but I'd love the ability to be able to schedule tweets by the minute. Sometimes I schedule daily recaps that post one after another for 5 minutes in a row. Currently I have to use CoTweet to handle that.

149 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow users to schedule broadcasts at specific times (3.07pm) rather than five minute intervals.  ·   · 
    ZiyadZiyad shared a merged idea: How can I send like (5:34) ??  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable scheduling tweets for pages  ·   · 
    Alicia GranellAlicia Granell shared a merged idea: Publications that programming is not only every 5 minutes  ·   · 
    Alicia GranellAlicia Granell shared a merged idea: Que la programación de publicaciones no sea solo cada 5 minutos  ·   · 
    MassimilianoMassimiliano shared a merged idea: Minutes between 0 and 5 and time model 0-24  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: let us adjust the time of Scheduled/Auto-scheduled posts to exact minutes. I don't want my followers to think I'm a crazy punctual sort.  ·   · 
    EmanueleEmanuele shared a merged idea: Allow to set a free time of posts and twits release (not only multiple of 5 minutes)  ·   · 
    Mercedes BlighMercedes Bligh shared a merged idea: Able to schedule tweets within less than 5 minutes  ·   · 
    Gaby HarveyGaby Harvey shared a merged idea: Allow people to schedule by the minute in scheduled tweets. I had to change to tweet deck even though I like you better.  ·   · 
    ahmedahmed shared a merged idea: allow to schedule a tweet any time like 10:31 PM  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow exact time for scheduling  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow people to send scheduled tweets at any time, and across any interval.  ·   · 
    KarlKarl shared a merged idea: ...allow tweets to be scheduled by the minute, as opposed to in 5 minute increments. Thoughts?  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also being able to move tweets scheduled for the same time so as to keep them in the correct order. Sometimes they go first, other times at the end, and sometimes in the middle of others. There's no knowing how to post them.

• Joe SondowJoe Sondow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A much needed feature. The 5-minute increment problem is the reason I don't use Hootsuite for #StarTrekHour questions from @StarTrekHour. We need our tweeted questions to be evenly spaced throughout a single hour.

When we have 9 questions we tweet at these times :00 :07 :14 :21 :28 :35 :42 :49 :56.
        When we have 7 questions we tweet at these times :00 :09 :18 :27 :36 :45 :54.

People here are suggesting CoTweet so I'll check that out for now.

• CarrieCarrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a social media manager I have to say I can't believe this feature hasn't been implemented yet. I work on television and digital productions where I voice character feeds and I would love to be able to tweet a complete thought in multiple tweets (as most regular users do).

Can you PLEASE implement this feature?

• @Hiehamilton @Hiehamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to have the option to schedule posts by the individual minute as I use my Twitter account for a number of tweet hats where I am responding to preset questions which are issued in 10 min intervals and I want the response to go out about 1 or 2 mins later

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Posting by the minute please!!! minute to minute scheduling would be awesome and it would totally resolve a problem I am having!! Please get minute to minute scheduling working as opposed to 5 minute increments!!
        Chelsea

• Web EditorWeb Editor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow minute-by-minute scheduling, and/or ensure that tweets scheduled to publish at the same time are published in the order that they are scheduled (I've tested it and currently a group of tweets that I scheduled to go out at the same time are published in a random order, not the order I scheduled them) - I want to be able to schedule a number of tweets going out as an ordered group, and five minute intervals just causes them to be lost in people's streams rather than stay clustered together.

-Mark

• William GoddardWilliam Goddard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The user experience is terrible if everything that everyone schedules comes out on the 5 or 0. The engagement is diminished because people know it is a scheduled tweet. I even tried changing a tweet in my CSV upload to represent 10:31 ...after uploading it, it had rounded up to 10:35...this tells me Hootsuite scheduler has built in limitations on times allowed. I would think based on my experience that this would be simple and I would also think it would reduce load on the push by allowing it. No longer would you have 200K tweets going out at 12:15. Giving flexibility to the user would also have benefits on your infrastructure. Of course this is just IMHO. Thanks for considering.

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. Many people schedule their tweets (usually marketing tweets) on the hour / half-hour, which causes significant noise for users that follow lots of content sharers. Being able to type in a random time like 12:13pm has a noticeable impact on engagement.

• Angry ClockAngry Clock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that this feature hasn't been integrated, yet! I run a clock page and almost all of the tweets are late! It's a clock...IT HAS TO BE ON TIME!!! I think it would work, for me, to be able to schedule the tweets a minute, or two, before the top of the hour. If HootSuite isn't interested in changing this feature, then this clock needs to go elsewhere. P.S.: The reason I chose HootSuite, is because TweetDeck posts scheduled tweets about 50%-60% of the time! At least HootSuite is almost 100% reliable about sending them out...just LATE!!! >:-(

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only support that. So many people are tweeting at / scheduling their tweets for the exact same time already. If everybody tweets at the exact same time, their tweets are quickly getting buried and out of sight on the recipients side. As long as the scheduler is limited to these fixed 5 minute intervalls, I won't use Hootsuite and stick with an older version of Tweetdeck!

• CherylCheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I just went to schedule tweets for a twitter party - but I can't schedule minute by minute I can't use Hootsuite for that.

• EphraimJFEphraimJF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a big fan of this idea. I like to be able to schedule tweets at random times or very close to each other. Thanks for sharing this idea.

• John GogganJohn Goggan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I've only just started using scheduled tweets and/or FB Page posts within the last couple of days and have already had a situation where I needed per-minute increments.

With Twitter, 5 minutes can be forever for some people's feeds. I need to be able to have down-to-the-minute scheduled tweets.

- John...

Feedback and Knowledge Base