Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Ability to "Share" Facebook posts within HootSuite

Ability to "Share" a Facebook post would be extremely useful for information proliferation. Such a tool would significantly enhance HootSuite's capabilities on data and profile management.

876 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make sharing post of other facebook pages possible  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add share from stream function  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: to allow blank posting of Facebook where we can share only. no need of writing message  ·   · 
    Ben FrancisBen Francis shared a merged idea: add functionality to 'Share' posts from Facebook to be posted through Hootsuite.  ·   · 
    SNSN shared a merged idea: Ability to schedule the sharing of FB posts from Pages I have liked  ·   · 
    DrippleDripple shared a merged idea: Add share images directly from post  ·   · 
    GailGail shared a merged idea: Schedule 'shared' Facebook posts?  ·   · 
    Roger McNallRoger McNall shared a merged idea: add a share button so i can share from one of my fb pages to another within ur tool, like the share arrow that exists in the RSS App  ·   · 
    StephieStephie shared a merged idea: put a "Share" button so that we can share photos,etc  ·   · 
    valevale shared a merged idea: It would be grate if there is a buttom that copies the publications on the wall of facebook.  ·   · 
    Benjamin King SmithBenjamin King Smith shared a merged idea: Allow scheduling of facebook shares and twitter retweets.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Intergrate the ability to "Share" Facebook posts within hootsuite  ·   · 
    ChrisChris shared a merged idea: sharing of facebook posts  ·   · 
    Lorena Di StasiLorena Di Stasi shared a merged idea: Sharing Facebook comment on Twitter  ·   · 
    Lori Lori shared a merged idea: Allow me to view and share with Facebook friend lists  ·   · 
    Teo SellésTeo Sellés shared a merged idea: Are share button in my friends Facebook status.  ·   · 
    paulo pinheiropaulo pinheiro shared a merged idea: add facebook complete post sharing  ·   · 
    Sarah JellySarah Jelly shared a merged idea: allow timed sharing of a Facebook status  ·   · 
    BrianBrian shared a merged idea: add schedule a 'share' on facebook.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow share posts from from FB Page onto another  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: share feature for Facebook  ·   · 
    Einstein FellowsEinstein Fellows shared a merged idea: Add "Share" button to Facebook News Feed options  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: be able to share a post from another person on FB to your own wall. I am spending a lot of time going back to FB to do stuff  ·   · 
    Cate HirschbielCate Hirschbiel shared a merged idea: Share (and schedule) Facebook stories to Facebook pages/Twitter accounts from within Hootsuite.  ·   · 
    Lacey LuceLacey Luce shared a merged idea: I my fans/friends to be able to share links that I post on facebook via hootsuite  ·   · 

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make it possible to share a Facebook post of another facebook page on the own Facebook page

I totally agree about this fantastic feature. I can also suggest the ability to "Like" posts with different accounts at the same time!

Hi please sort this out. I need to share posts between my Pages urgently. I am seriously thinking about halting my trial.

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought this would already be a feature. Such a basic ask.
        C'mon guys!

• mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even providing the ability to use hyperlinks would be a great work around until FB's API is updated. or even simple html - hrefs. I like using the short urls for some things, but I would find it easier to use hyperlinks for many things.

This is literally, the only thing lacking in Hootsuite for us. We get caught every now and again NOT posting a manual FB share. Will pay for this upgrade!!!!

We would like to See this as an option as well. It literally takes away a big reason why we use Hootsuite

• ivnaoivnao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, i want to share shared post using hootsuite, when it will be available ?

• TripTrip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have bought Hootie Suite pro tonight if it would have lete share facebook posts to multiple FB pages...

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everybody, I think I figured out a solution. While it's not as elegant or simple as other methods I've seen (ex. adding a link next to the "share" button on the post in your Facebook timeline) it seems to work. I'm using Safari so I moved the Hootlet icon to my menu bar.

1. Click on the actual post on your timeline so it opens in a new window.
        2. Copy the full URL from your browser's address bar.
        3. Launch Hootlet.
        4. Paste the URL you copied into the description field, overwriting the default link it generated.
        5. Select your page in the dropdown. (You'll see the post thumbnail at this point)
        6. Clear the URL from the description field and enter your custom post copy.
        7. Change the photo title (optional)
        8. Schedule your post or send it now.
        9. Close the Hootlet popup window.

You can visit http://facebook.com/finewineanddesign to see how it looks with shared posts.
        Hope this helps you. If so, please give us a "like" ;)

-RG

This would add more awesome to hoot suites' already awesome tool, think more sales

I, too, am disappointed that this is not already a built in function. Social media is all about relationship building and engagement - sharing information is a integral part of this!

Yeah, I would LOVE to be able to share posts on facebook, linkedin & google+. So far, I can only RT posts on twitter. The rest, I am limited to liking & commenting on other's posts, but no sharing! Kind of takes the point out of using social media management software.

Without the ability to "Share," HootSuite is almost useless for my business purposes.

• Marianne GrecoMarianne Greco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering (I estimate) 80-90% of posts and tweets are simply sharing someone else's post; I agree that the feature should be a "no-brainer"

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base