Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

add the possibility to remove the hashtag "#" when posting differently than twitter ?

It's good to have the "#" symbol for twitter.
Then, when your post is going to facebook or linkedin, you have the "#" symbol before some words.
But for people who don't know the meaning of the "#", it seems strange .. so it maybe a good idea to have an option to remove the "#" when posting to Facebook or Linkedin (elsewhere thant twitter).
Thank you.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Strip # tags  ·   · 
    JessicaJessica shared a merged idea: Tweet modification while FB & Twitter posting selected  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: When posting to Facebook & Twitter at once, remove #'s in FB posts  ·   · 
    MarcelMarcel shared a merged idea: Have an option "remove hashtags" from posts to Facebook when selecting multiple networks.  ·   · 
    GL_StephenGL_Stephen shared a merged idea: "Scrubbing" for posting to Facebook  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin NeumannJustin Neumann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Hootsuite team, did you implement this option? It has to have either a) network-specific (i.e. LinkedIn-specific) settings such as a checkbox for removal of twitter hashes, or b) add an option to the Publisher

• Chandler WalpoleChandler Walpole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely. I do the social marketing for my company, and it bugs me beyond belief when people use hashtags on FB. GET RID OF THEM! Please figure a way to remove # from posts to twitter just like the image url.

• IbrahimIbrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this feature. It makes the posts in Facebook neat. It is really important and time saving.

• Marilynn DawsonMarilynn Dawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my voice to this list as well! It's annoying to see hashtags on Facebook and I just discovered tonight that using the hootlet did it to me too! I wasn't pleased to see that at all! FB doesn't use hashtags, only Twitter does. So either this is a twitter-only service, or it should allow for the removal of hashtags when other networks are added to the list and those networks get the post without the tags attached.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An absolute must in my opinion. Part of the beauty of Hootsuite is time-saving - it's frustrating to have to double post bc of hashtags.

• Evan OlsenEvan Olsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature. It's difficult to post the same post to multiple accounts because you have to have a separate hashtagless post.

• Melissa CrabtreeMelissa Crabtree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I don't like seeing hashtags on FB becuse it's not where they belong and the clutter up a post. An automatic removal of the hashtag would make hootsuite perfect for using! Because I have to remove it manually, it nullifies the convenience of posting two at a time.

• Jess WinfieldJess Winfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! When posting to Twitter and Facebook simultaneously, I ALWAYS have to re-format and re-post twice. Automatically removing hashtags would be a HUGE time saver. Converting @ names to tags in Facebook slightly tricker, but would be welcome.

Feedback and Knowledge Base