Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Minimum time to set posts apart in hootlet

The new autoschedule option for hootlet is great... but What if I wanted to use it to schedule posts for a network for the next week...
There should be an option IMO to limit how close together posts could be posted on each network via auto schedule, (say 12 hours apart for example) then when im looking for "next weeks posts", I can autoschedule and they will fill up the week.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew ParkerMatthew Parker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a killer feature, although using it as it's supposed to be is pretty much impossible until this is resolved! It's auto-scheduling upwards of a dozen posts a day on my page right now when I really don't want to post more than about 4 times a day. One nice thing is I can use it to quickly fire in a bunch of posts, but then I have to go back in and reschedule them all one by one so they're not all happening on the same day.

You guys are SO CLOSE with this one - would love to see you nudge it over the finish line, even if you release just one of these suggestions at a time :)

• Dan HoganDan Hogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread has given a number of tricks for managing auto-scheduled posts over more than just the current day. That's what everyone here (including me) seems to want. The answer will be a combination of target total posts per day, minimum time between them, number of future days to fill with posts, etc.

• EJ SchenckEJ Schenck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something needs to be done! AutoSchedule crams everything into one SMALL window of time in the wee hours of the morning.

• Rose JansenRose Jansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're currently manually scheduling posts several days to a week in advance. The ability to use Hootlet's 'autoschedule' feature while selecting a day or maximum number of posts per day would be ideal!

• Niko PaulanneNiko Paulanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, forgot about, one other option possibility would be to add setting "send 1,2,3,5,6 times per day" and scheduler checks the best times for messages.

• Niko PaulanneNiko Paulanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing so much potential in your Hootlet autoschedule!

I'm using "autoscheduling" with Timely.is only to schedule 1-2 weeks ahead my regular FB posts. I would really like to see this automatic "queuing" system in Hootlet/ Dashboard so I can start using only Hootsuite for socialmedia postings!

• John ReaganJohn Reagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can go in and edit the scheduled postings from the Publisher button on the left toolbar. I've gone in after setting the auto-schedule and edited so some went out more along my preferred times. I'm not sure the specific algorithm being used, but I would hope it would be optimizing view times of posts against categories per historic data. Hope that helps a bit,
        John

• ElEl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd definitely like to be able to set a time interval between posts and a time of day range for posts to go out (say 10 am to 6 pm). Right now the autoschedule floods my posts out too quickly, sometimes only 15 minutes apart.

• Matthew ParkerMatthew Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks. :) I dont think everyone would use this, but it would be an entirely optional feature so I can't see the harm. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base