Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

configure the Auto-Schedule function to not delay RTs and replies

Instead of kicking the toggle back and forth between Auto-Schedule and not, I would like to see a way that RTs or replies are not auto-scheduled and it is recognized that, that information should be sent in real time.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KimKim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Alece RonzinoAlece Ronzino shared a merged idea: Make the AutoScheduling feature "smart enough" not to apply to @replies  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

This is an excellent feature suggestion, and we’ll continue to monitor how many users would like to implement this feature.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • catsavcatsav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I autoschedule RTs, and not infrequently, and I would miss having that option. There was a different post on the board that suggested make the autoschedule a button instead of a toggle: Send Now, Schedule, Autoschedule. That would address everyone's wishes here, which are really centered on the inconvenience of the toggle, and not the default behavior.

• ArsehSevomArsehSevom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Replies should be immediate by default. They are replies after all. RTs can be auto scheduled -- in fact it makes sense for a rt to come a bit later. Or you could let us configure autoschedule ourselves.

• Ben DonahowerBen Donahower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Yes! Yes! And let me add the same for direct messages. I've got to pop back and forth between autoscheduling and sending immediately all of the time, and it's cumbersome. Which is also part of my feedback - it should be easier to switch between these modes!

• Kimberly GonzalezKimberly Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great -- but I think it would be even better as an option the user could set for each. I would like to have replies by immediate but RTs to be autoscheduled -- but others may want a different configuration.

Feedback and Knowledge Base