Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

autoschedule retweets

Simple enough, allow standard, native Retweets to be autoscheduled instead of having to 'edit' and break the RT model.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew BolsterAndrew Bolster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SarahSarah responded  · 

Interesting idea! Currently, there is no scheduling available for native retweets. Would you see all types of scheduling being added, or just Autoscheduling?

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christian M. MacyChristian M. Macy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for sure. Scheduling is a big reason I use HootSuite so having to choose between modifying an RT to fit and using native but not scheduling is less than awesome.

• Tim McCormickTim McCormick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, it seems like being able to schedule native retweets is a pretty basic need. Non-native requires arbitrary additional characters, so tweets often have to be edited. Non-native RTs lose the connection to original tweet's conversation, and means all tweets are from this account, no other faces/avatars, which is typically considered undesirable.

Incidentally, BufferApp just implemented this, so I will probably be going back to using their product for this need.

• Aaron HoussianAaron Houssian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found a workaround.
        Install Buffer extension for Chrome.
        In tweetdeck click on the link that takes you to unique tweet page (it's the link that lists when and how it was created).
        Click buffer button that now appears.
        This only works non-native retweets, but it's quick and easy.

• Aaron HoussianAaron Houssian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yes please! Lots of good content out there they I'd like to retweet, but I know I don't want to flood my peeps with too much all at once. Love to space it out.

• Michael HollandMichael Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The dashboard needs to work like the app - when I click RT, give me the option to edit or not, as well as autoschedule (the app needs autoschedule, BTW). The current all-or-nothing solution for retweets in the dashboard sucks.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find how to Autoschedule a retweet. Seems a bit like a no-brainer. I'd definitely like to see this too.

• Andrew BolsterAndrew Bolster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suppose the idea would be for RT's to be treated exactly the same as Tweets in terms of scheduling; providing the option of 'Retweet as is, edit, retweet later'

Feedback and Knowledge Base