Feedback Forum

How can we improve Hootsuite?

add functionality to reschedule a previously scheduled message.

It would be helpful to click a "reschedule" button for a past scheduled message instead of needing to copy/paste the old text. We have been using HootSuite for one week and already have found ourselves wanting this functionality several times.

419 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeremy CoulsonJeremy Coulson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdrieynAdrieyn shared a merged idea: How to reschedule previous post?. Appreciate if you have this  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hello!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Reposting?  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Able to edit and re-post past scheduled messages  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create an option for editing/rescheduling past messages. This would make the program more flexible for users.  ·   · 
    Naci KahramanNaci Kahraman shared a merged idea: duplicate posts. It is sometimes hard to find content. You can add a duplicate option so we can use the last week morning's post tonight.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to clone auto-scheduled messages  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: allow editing of past scheduled messages so they can be reposted, thankyou  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow copy and paste past and present scheduled posts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PDF or Excel of monthly posts and results. Also, if you click on a scheduled post you should be able to repost it.  ·   · 
    Robin O'Neal SmithRobin O'Neal Smith shared a merged idea: Would like to be able to open past posts and reschedule them without having to copy and past. Just click and be able to reschedule.  ·   · 
    NECMANECMA shared a merged idea: Enable a function that allows you to copy a "Scheduled" posts for scheduling it again at another future date.  ·   · 
    Jack E ZehringJack E Zehring shared a merged idea: Add "send now" option in the reschedule option when attempting to resend failed posts.  ·   · 
    Cynthia SmithCynthia Smith shared a merged idea: copy feature of scheduled posts rather than having to retype or cut and past info.  ·   · 
    AustinAustin shared a merged idea: Clone or copy a message  ·   · 
    CameoCameo shared a merged idea: Allow us to repost past scheduled posts  ·   · 
    Yusufcan ManavYusufcan Manav shared a merged idea: We should reschedule a message which is succesfully past scheduled..  ·   · 
    Under Review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Great idea! We’ll look at adding this functionality in the future. Thanks!

92 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Sarah,
        Please i have the same question!! is the functionality available now? thank you

• J ReyesJ Reyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah like someone else said, this feature is available on Buffer, I guess i'm switching soon..

Has this happened yet? It takes me ages to re do posts thatI would love to be able to just drap and drp in calendar or reschedule or reoccur - this last question was 3 years ago in 2013

Buffer can do it, Really handy feature, if Hootsuite aren't prepared to figure it out I suggest everyone heads on over to Buffer

• RiannRiann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found this when googling to see if the functionality existed - has it been added in the last 3 years?

• Jeffrey R. BaconJeffrey R. Bacon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been a fix for this? I've been using my client's account to manage his social media but have not yet subscribed my own account for my business because my social media management work has been, to date, with only this client.

I would like my own account, but because failed posts cost valuable time, want to be sure that a reschedule feature is available before investing in one.

Hello Guys,

I'm new to Hootsuite and was shocked when found that there is not such obviously function for rescheduling posts. I could not believe initially and only after some research I understood that this is true. Sad..

Quite unbelievable that a company with the global reach of Hootsuite can ignore user requests for such an obvious feature for nearly 3 years.

• Bram HermsenBram Hermsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I manage a few restaurants social media accounts. This would be wonderful to do as they have many repeating specials during certain times of year.

• Liz WeirLiz Weir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hootsuite, it's 2016. How do we not have this yet? Your whole product is about social posts, right? Maybe an update would be nice? Since it's been under review for 2+ years...

• Casey CaneCasey Cane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this functionality throughout the suite--i.e. in Draft mode, Schedule mode, and especially in Past Scheduled mode in the calendar view. Every time I hover over a post anywhere in the suite, I'd like to see a Repost / Reschedule button.

It would also be very helpful to see images from posts in these popups as well.

• LyndaLynda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this idea was posted in 2013 and yet nothing.

I post everyday to my social media sites and as you can well imagine, it is hard to be original every day, every month and every year. A "reposting" option would be a really smart and logical addition to Hootsuite.

Your platform is suppose to make things easier for us… so please, make it easier for us.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base