Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

add functionality to reschedule a previously scheduled message.

It would be helpful to click a "reschedule" button for a past scheduled message instead of needing to copy/paste the old text. We have been using HootSuite for one week and already have found ourselves wanting this functionality several times.

250 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeremy CoulsonJeremy Coulson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Reposting?  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Able to edit and re-post past scheduled messages  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create an option for editing/rescheduling past messages. This would make the program more flexible for users.  ·   · 
    Naci KahramanNaci Kahraman shared a merged idea: duplicate posts. It is sometimes hard to find content. You can add a duplicate option so we can use the last week morning's post tonight.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to clone auto-scheduled messages  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: allow editing of past scheduled messages so they can be reposted, thankyou  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow copy and paste past and present scheduled posts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PDF or Excel of monthly posts and results. Also, if you click on a scheduled post you should be able to repost it.  ·   · 
    Robin O'Neal SmithRobin O'Neal Smith shared a merged idea: Would like to be able to open past posts and reschedule them without having to copy and past. Just click and be able to reschedule.  ·   · 
    NECMANECMA shared a merged idea: Enable a function that allows you to copy a "Scheduled" posts for scheduling it again at another future date.  ·   · 
    Jack E ZehringJack E Zehring shared a merged idea: Add "send now" option in the reschedule option when attempting to resend failed posts.  ·   · 
    Cynthia SmithCynthia Smith shared a merged idea: copy feature of scheduled posts rather than having to retype or cut and past info.  ·   · 
    AustinAustin shared a merged idea: Clone or copy a message  ·   · 
    CameoCameo shared a merged idea: Allow us to repost past scheduled posts  ·   · 
    Yusufcan ManavYusufcan Manav shared a merged idea: We should reschedule a message which is succesfully past scheduled..  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Great idea! We’ll look at adding this functionality in the future. Thanks!

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is anyway i can repost content that I've already posted through hootsuite. for like later down the line because at the moment i have to copy n paste the post I've already made and doing that for each one is not productive at all? surely there must be this feature somewhere I'm just overlooking it!?

If not I'm shocked as this should be standard pro feature... as reused content is a must for businesses such as mine and 1000s of others

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
        Norman

This is really needed. Also being able to schedule a post many dates instead of once.

• Ray WymanRay Wyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trainers and educators need the ability to reschedule previously scheduled messages - we use twitter and linkedin to communicate with students; especially useful to remind students about upcoming lessons, instructor availability, lab schedules. I use twitter to augment regularly scheduled lessons - and yes, we do this on twitter. Very frustrating that Hootsuite doesn't have this feature.

I'd really LOVE this feature! People will abuse anything if you give it to them but what about those of us who NEED it? I do posts for a restaurant who want me to post the same specials each week. So, every Monday, I am posting the same specials. Every Tuesday, I'm posting the same specials. Of course, I post other content, too... but you could ease so much of my burden by just allowing me to reschedule the same posts! (Especially since bulk uploading posts don't support picture posts!!)
        Or allow me to set it up to schedule re-occuring posts (Post this exact post, every Monday at a specific time)! They're great for reminders! Car dealers who have an end of the month sale, every month. Rent due reminders for housing complexes... there are lots of advantages to it!

Saying someone will abuse it is really not a good reason to add a feature! I could bulk upload the same spammy text post and have it just post over and over again as is if I wanted to abuse HootSuite.

• AndreasAndreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOOTSUITE YOU MUST DO THIS!!!! This is the one reason I'm considering to go for Buffer app instead of Hootsuite. Go Go Go!!!

We need it too! Also, in the Publisher Calendar view, it might be nice to drag and drop a copy to the date we want.

"This is a top selling feature in Edgar. Hootsuite should do this just to stay on top."

-Totally agree and I was considering trying out Edgar for this reason.

• JessicaJessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature? I'm considering switching to another service where I can repost past scheduled content. This would be an amazing addition to HootSuite. One person noted that this feature would possibility be abused - perhaps you could put a timeframe on the ability to repost - cannot be reposted in the same day as originally published for example. I hope to hear back soon!

• Robert LusitlaRobert Lusitla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see any new information on this topic... what is Hootsuite up to? Is this something you're working on or just letting us users vent.

• ZariaZaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. If a WordPress plugin author can do this, then Hootsuite, which has much more financial resources than a WordPress plugin author, can definitely do this. https://wordpress.org/plugins/tweet-old-post/

If you do not do this, you will lose customer to other services such as Edgar Social Media. A large company such as HootSuite should be able to flow with the times

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a top selling feature in Edgar. Hootsuite should do this just to stay on top.

• David KampmannDavid Kampmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get that it could be abused. But there are 2 important points. 1. People are doing this anyway, they are just frustrated with it. 2. Posting multiple times, especially with networks like Twitter makes good business sense because not everyone is on Twitter at same time (Time zones).

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base