Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Expand/Collapse Compose Message Box On-Click

I often find that the profile picker will appear when I don't want it to. Usually I'll move the mouse up to the compose window and click, then (unintentionally) move the mouse over to the right. When I start typing, the text goes into the profile picker and not the compose box. This is very frustrating.

The profile picker has a dropdown icon next to it, indicating that it will respond to a click, not a hover. I would recommend that the behavior either be adjusted to respond to click and not hover, or provide a configuration option that lets the user decide if it should display on hover or click.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    benjamindbloombenjamindbloom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Casey van BronkhorstCasey van Bronkhorst shared a merged idea: provide a click-to-open on top dropdown panel for writing messages  ·   · 
    Dennis RobbingDennis Robbing shared a merged idea: Ever since the interface was changed to automatically open up the editing window, I've been irritated beyond description. Better old way.  ·   · 
    MichelleMichelle shared a merged idea: New Compose message box needs to stay OPEN  ·   · 
    Lene Meyer BarnesLene Meyer Barnes shared a merged idea: stop the window for choosing network from overlapping the feed  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make it so the 'compose/send to bar' doesn't drop down unless you actually click in the compose box?  ·   · 
    Steven ShultsSteven Shults shared a merged idea: please stop collapsing the compose window (scheduling) when my mouse cursor moves away.  ·   · 
    MichelleMichelle shared a merged idea: Please put it back to the way it was before it had the touchy drop drown profile menus and the constant close when I leave the text box.  ·   · 
    under review  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

Hi there! Thank you all for your feedback.

This is a fantastic suggestion, and our developers are continuing to review this idea for possible implementation to future updates to the Hootsuite web dashboard.

In the meantime, we’ve recently made some great updates to the compose message box and profile picker. To learn more about these Hootsuite features, please head to https://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21774775-Tips-Tricks-The-Social-Profile-Picker.

Thank you all for using Hootsuite!
    Travis | @Hootsuite_Help

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TracyTracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The new feature is horrible to work with. I try to select a profile, but I end up tweeting from an account that's not the one I want.

Also: why not default for the profile picker to the account the user is in for reading tweets at the moment? Why default to a different account, as it's been doing since I started using Hootsuite? This makes no sense. If I'm in Account/Profile A, default to Account A. Common sense.

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is most painful. I just dread using the program these days, it just frustrates me with the constant mouse jig to keep it open. Or I want to click a tab and it pops out in my face and I have to close it, a few times over. Why do all these programs make updates and it's worse than it was before??

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I get it popped out at me when I try to click a tab. I seriously hate this new feature. Worst ever.

Feedback and Knowledge Base