Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Give users the option to remove retweets from lists

With the Twitter API change on or about Apr 1 2013, twitter native retweets now can show up in lists. I'd like to turn them off and as per the dev documentation of a lists query for twitter, you can turn on or off native retweets with a simple flag (ow.ly/jGMvt). I'd tie this flag to a radio button for display native retweets yes/no when people add columns displaying a list.

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Erin RyanErin Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: Remove users from list  ·   · 
    Lynne ClarkLynne Clark shared a merged idea: I do not want to see all the RTs in my columns, only in the Home Feed column. My list columns should be just for my friends actual tweets.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: don´t public the retwits at the list  ·   · 
    DanaDana shared a merged idea: Ability to filter out from view automatic RT's.  ·   · 
    Wataru SekiguchiWataru Sekiguchi shared a merged idea: Give users the choices of retweets in the list or not  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback with this recent change. We’ll look at the possibility of adding this feature into user options in the future.

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel WorthyDaniel Worthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. I really want to see my coworker's genuine tweets instead of everything they retweet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this! I create lists with 50+ people I want to follow the tweets of, but the list gets clogged with all the retweets about them.

• Matt MaldreMatt Maldre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this doesn't get fixed, I'm going to have to remove the people from my list who retweet a lot. It just totally messes with how I use Hootsuite.

That, or I'll have to move off the Hootsuite platform.

Seeing all these retweets in my list column makes it very challenging to focus on my lists.

• Diane GillelandDiane Gilleland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, I need an option to turn off all these RT's within my lists. My formerly useful and organized streams have become cluttered with useless information. This is the kind of annoyance that will definitely end up sending me to another social media platform.

• Jeremy BarkerJeremy Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option to choose which list has twitter native retweets, eg. on for my personal list, off for my professional list. The above sounds like a good idea.

• Kirsty WilsonKirsty Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely would like a way to remove RTs within lists. Lists are created and monitored for a reason. We don't want unwanted tweets (RTs) filtering them!

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely essential. One of the best features about hootsuite for me is that I can see tweets from people I'm following but not have to see their retweets.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A way to turn off RTs would be fantastic. I hope your programmers can make that happen sooner rather than later.

• HeatherMGHeatherMG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please make this optional. When people on my list retweet other people on my list, they ALL show up. It's the opposite of the efficiency lists are supposed to provide.

• Dee MorganDee Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would /really/ like to be able to turn native retweets off, especially as they are turning up for every twitter user I am following, even those I have turned RT's off for when following. Yes please!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base