Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

allow images to appear in Facebook group postings rather than links

It is better to have the images uploaded as it is able to draw attention of potential clients. The image will auto describe our advertising status in multiple biz groups.

300 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Facebook Image Problem: Could you FINALLY FIX THIS FUCKING PROBLEM????  ·   · 
    Fawad QaziFawad Qazi shared a merged idea: Facebook Groups  ·   · 
    Julia MarquardtJulia Marquardt shared a merged idea: pictures in facebook groups  ·   · 
    Mohammad RidwanMohammad Ridwan shared a merged idea: Please add the option to upload pictures to Facebook timeline from web.... rather than just sharing the link... This would save a lot of tim  ·   · 
    DichiutaDichiuta shared a merged idea: how public messagem with image on facebook groups  ·   · 
    Kari MontgomeryKari Montgomery shared a merged idea: allow pictures to post in facebook groups!! NEED!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Post Planner has already added a post photo into groups, is Hootsuite going to do that ?  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback, we’ll be looking in whether this is possible with the Facebook API.

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steph O'BrienSteph O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is vital to a lot of HootSuite users - not having this functionality is a real limiting factor. We schedule reminder posts that go out to our groups at times you don't want to be waking it to compose a message via the page.

Come on guys :)

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sorely disappointed that images cannot be posted in FB groups. This was the main reason I got a paid account to help with the 8 FB groups I run and images are a big part of it. Please put this on the short list to fix.

• Symeon NostrakisSymeon Nostrakis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot stress how important this is! I opened a Hootsuite account for the sole reason of posting images in Facebook groups, only to find out that I couldn't! You need to fix this ASAP!

• ToniToni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not understand why this still hasn't moved forward. Posting to group pages is one of the main ways I plan to use Hootsuite as a pro user and it simply looks unprofessional. Please make this change.

• Robyn HurstRobyn Hurst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seriously. this is a major issue. It is the MAIN reason I keep thinking about quitting hoot suite. If I want to post an image, I want the image to show, not just a link.

There are other platforms I could be using, and have used, like sensible or buffer. The only reason I am here now still is the Beta Schedule suggestions...but those are even getting kind of lame.

Please fix this issue.

• Tabetha PriestTabetha Priest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. I am shocked that this is not available. I signed up for Hootsuite Pro specifically for this ability. Without this functionality, Hootsuite is about 95% worthless to me. :-( 'Linking' to an image is really not all that beneficial to some of us, and is actually a hindrance. We need the image to become a permanent fixture within the Facebook Group we are maintaining/running. Your prompt attention to this is greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'm off to find another service that WILL do what I expect it to do.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't you add images to facebook groups with hootsuite??? You can do it with buffer, so why can't you do it with hootsuite?
        I don't understant why it works with your facebook page and not with a group?

• BrittanyBrittany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so extremely important! The reason I purchased pro was for the ability to post to my groups on facebook and when my photos are showing chopped up and as previews of a link, it looks tacky and unprofessional. This is the lively hood of my business and so I've stopped using hootsuite to post in my groups, which is sad especially since I paid over $100 for a year long membership. I love every other aspect of hootsuite, but this is a deal breaker for me. Please listen to your customers and fix this! I really don't want to find another service.

• NancyNancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's about to be the reason I stop using Hootsuite. If I have to post in my groups manually...why pay for Hootsuite.

• ytceleytcele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buenos días. Soy miembro de una cuenta PRO con ustedes. Tengo un problema con las imagenes adjuntas en las publicaciones de los grupos de facebook. No se cual sea la causa del problema pero sucede que al publicar en mis redes sociales (páginas y perfiles) no tengo problema con las imagenes, "se publican a la perfección" pero al revisar la publicación en mis grupos la imagen no aparece. Me urge una solución ya que yo trabajo en su mayor parte con grupos de facebook y si no se muestran mis imagenes, de nada me sirve hootsuite.
        Quedo a espera de su respueta. Gracias.

• Remmington WannerRemmington Wanner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really annoying how it doesn't just post the picture! No one is going to click on a link to look at a photo! This is prohibiting the effectiveness of my business, I need people to see my photos.

• CristyCristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I CANNOT BELIEVE that you cannot post a picture in full size to fb groups (it shows up as link instead), yet you can post to pages.????? I don't think my biz will be using Hootsuite.. This is a critical update that should be made! I cannot imagine how many people are needing this right now with as many groups are in fb...

• Chris BowlerChris Bowler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature of adding a FULL picture, NOT a link to a picture, is a HUGE part of my facebook groups. I have not been using Hootsuite specifically becuase of this reason. If the ability is added, I will definatly start using HS way more frequently. If anyone knows of other programs that do this, please let me know.

• Brian AbantoBrian Abanto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Hootsuite team please advise or give us update on this feature. This is also the reason I have purchase Hootsuite, to post in FB groups with pictures. Can you temporary create a storage for our images while posting and delete it afterwards ?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base