Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Post to Instagram from HootSuite

Post straight to Instagram via HootSuite.

558 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rose-HelenRose-Helen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Holly SpeenburghHolly Speenburgh shared a merged idea: Post DIRECTLY to Instagram instead of twenty steps inbetween!  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Hey, go Hootsuite! One thing. You REALLY need to fix your integration with Instagram. I think you already know this. Keep up the great work!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Improve the Instagram function...  ·   · 
    Robyn C.Robyn C. shared a merged idea: fix instagram scheduling  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add scheduling for Instagram  ·   · 
    ArthenaArthena shared a merged idea: Instagram Scheduling  ·   · 
    KateKate shared a merged idea: Add post functionality to the Instagram app on Hootsuite  ·   · 
    Guy PhoenixGuy Phoenix shared a merged idea: Add Instagram to the list of social media I can post via Hootsuite  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: instagram in hootsuite  ·   · 
    Bn ViewBn View shared a merged idea: I would like compose a message and post it at the same time in facebook, Vk, instagram, and Linkedin.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i want to use hootsuite but i cannot get instagram to work with hootsuite. if that can be fixed, i will give you my business.  ·   · 
    AshleighAshleigh shared a merged idea: Please add Instagram as a social network!!!  ·   · 
    JosepJosep shared a merged idea: Instagram  ·   · 
    JacquelineJacqueline shared a merged idea: Please add Instagram!  ·   · 
    Fatma RashidFatma Rashid shared a merged idea: Add instagram to "AutoSchedule"  ·   · 
    Mario VelardeMario Velarde shared a merged idea: add the ability to post onto each Instagram and Tumblr  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: can u add instagram and pinterest to manage these accounts  ·   · 
    Josh HagerJosh Hager shared a merged idea: Why doesn't Hoot Suite consider Instagram as a social network to manage?  ·   · 
    PhilPhil shared a merged idea: Add support for Instagram  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Adding Instagram to our scheduling abilities! That would be Awesome. :D  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Instagram  ·   · 
    Zach V DinsmoreZach V Dinsmore shared a merged idea: Instagram?  ·   · 
    Ben GrandBen Grand shared a merged idea: Instagram .. hello, why has this not already been done. Really needs to be implemented  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: instagram  ·   · 
    Kate WilsonKate Wilson shared a merged idea: Would love to be able to post to instagram and use Viraltag more functionally! Any chance?  ·   · 
    HannahHannah shared a merged idea: Scheduling on Instagram  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Folks, adding posting capabilities to the Instagram app on Hootsuite should be EXTREMELY HIGH priority.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow to schedule Instagram posts on Hootsuite!  ·   · 
    JayBJayB shared a merged idea: Instagram HootSuite  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • David ChistenDavid Chisten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me it seems that you added instagram not for the user, but just so you can put the instagram logo on your sales pages and tell something about "schedule messages", which isn't even halfway true. It's not integrated. It's not automated. There isn't even a preview when drafting the message, right?

• Holly SpeenburghHolly Speenburgh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having to go through my phone to post from instagram is more of a hassle than just creating a post in the instagram app or on the website. For work, it's not logical to have to use my cellphone to promote social media when hootsuite was supposed to make that easier.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hootsuite should integrate with Instagram just like it does with everything else.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Hootsuite dashboard setup with Instagram. I am getting notifications that they have pushed postings on the Instagram account but they are not appearing. Why?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't expect to schedule multiple posts only to be notified by your app to post to Instagram, by having to open your app and manually post the photo.....? That defeats the object of what your trying to sell? I want to schedule and forget about it. I don't consider this to be deep integration at all and so I'm disappointed in the lack of functionality here.

Thank you for trying at least....

• KatyKaty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting stuck on the "Setup your mobile device for Instagram" part 3. I've turned on notifications on my mobile device but nothing will sync up with my computer, and so I am unauthorized to post anything... help!

• Nathaniel JacksonNathaniel Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all the Hootsuite application on iOS does not work with Instagram. Which would defeat the purpose. But if you were to send a photo using a computer, it tells you to set-up your settings in the mobile app to work with Instagram. (Read the first line several times.) Just let us push it through with the computer like the other social media traffic please?

• GPSGPS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not sign up and just added the instagram social network to the dashboard. It sent out an auto-promotionl-tweet on our behalf (we're a financial company).

Hootsuite team - need to be careful with this.

• Szebastian OnneSzebastian Onne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all, very exciting & useful feature to have Instagram finally in Hootsuite. I thought it would be important that we share some firsthand feedback. It works great and is so useful that we are smiling big time! But here's a little 'but' and 'if' for you to seriously consider -

1. So I have added 2 accounts, and am able to post to both of them by scheduling & via pc, then through phone app.
        2. However this means for each account I need to logout and login to related account in instagram on phone.
        3. This also means the other users I have authorized in team to post, can only send to my phone not theirs or clients - hence I need to constantly switch accounts and one user needs to handle all posts. In a multi-seat environment where we are trying to serve the clients, this isn't ideal.

Hence all the users with appropriate permission should get notification in their hootsuite app, so whoever sees it first can post instead of one person having to switch accounts constantly.

I hope this makes sense. I'd be happy to talk on phone about this. Cheers. tah - Szebastian

• KateKate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep trying to add the app to my phone but the google authenticator keeps blocking me and popping up? I've entered numerous codes in and none of them work? Why is this happening?

• Robyn C.Robyn C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im so happy you integrated instagram into hootsuite but am not happy with how it works. I don't like how hootsuite notifies me when my scheduled post should be posted. I still have to manually hit 'share' to post to instagram instead of it automatically posting it, like how it does for facebook. Then, once i manually press 'share' all it links me to is the photo i chose to put on instagram and none of the info i typed to go along with it. Can you not set up instagram to schedule posts exactly like how it posts for facebook?? Disappointed.

• Scott SandersScott Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lars, I would not call this an integrated solution "Instagram is now integrated with Hootsuite" if I still need to open up Instagram. I understand IG's policy to limit post directly from their app. However, you are currently touting it as an integrated solution up front. Only upon watching the videos or trying it out do we discover it is causing us more work.

All I am saying is that if you and Instagram are not partnered on this to allow direct scheduled IG posts from Hootsuite then please remove the word INTEGRATED from your marketing of the product.

• Veronica CoralVeronica Coral commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad im not the only one with this IG issue!! PLEASE GET THIS DONE, HOOTSUITE PEEPS!! IG is huge and HAS to be part of our social networks!!! pretty please?? thanks guys for all of your hard work!!

• ArthenaArthena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently I use hootsuite strictly for Twitter. My company also had Instagram, Youtube, and Facebook accounts. I found a software called Latergramme a long with several others in order to schedule Instagram posts.

I find it FACSINATING that Hootsuite has not developed ANYTHING AT ALL to do the same. Poor efforts in my opinion, I will not be renewing my subscription unless Hootsuite makes some serious upgrades.

• KateKate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fantastic if we could post to Instagram via our PCs or laptops through the Hoot suite dashboard. I understand that the prime use of the app is to be 'phone' based however for company pages and blogs it would speed up the process so much more!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base