Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Create Privacy Options for Ow.ly Image Uploads

I have been using Hootsuite to schedule posts on social media. The week before our collections launch, we schedule a series of previews to spark the interest of our customers and followers. Especially due to the space constraints on Twitter, I have been using Ow.ly links for pictures. This morning we found out that customers are able to access all the photo archive on ow.ly and to see all the pictures that have been linked to future posts.
Is there an option on Ow.ly Hootsuite that would keep pictures private until the post goes public?
Thanks!

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Luigi BocciaLuigi Boccia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I dont want my hootsuite photos to always be posted in the seachable owly unless I choose. If it can be turned off it sure isnt findable.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: do not post images to a public ow.ly page if they are attached to locked tweets or DMs.  ·   · 
    Mashhoor AldubayanMashhoor Aldubayan shared a merged idea: Hide images attached to scheduled updates  ·   · 
    under review  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out to us!

While we currently don’t have a feature to make ow.ly uploaded images private until otherwise set, this is a fantastic suggestion and we’d be happy to take it under review for possible future updates to Ow.ly and HootSuite.

Thanks for using HootSuite!
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Locaberlin.deLocaberlin.de commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there reason that the pictures are uploaded to ow.ly? Twitter and linkedin do allow picture upload directly. Especially since the privacy option is not working that would be fantastic :-)

My scheduled posts should obviously be visible at the scheduled date and not before that.

www.LocaBerlin.de

• 1510wlac1510wlac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second Mashhoor's suggestion. It's VERY frustrating to schedule a bunch of tweets only to have ow.ly give away the joke before they're even tweeted. Looks like this would be a simple thing to do. Just give us the option of showing the entire gallery, just the photos we've tweeted or none at all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base