Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Auto fill @reply

The auto fill for @replies does not cover all the people I follow… A general user search would also be great to have. AND all of this should be available on the iPhone app.

236 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sjur GrønningsæterSjur Grønningsæter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DonaldDonald shared a merged idea: Auto Fill Tweet mentions  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Autofill when tweeting to someone you follow  ·   · 
    Zohare (@JJBaybee)Zohare (@JJBaybee) shared a merged idea: auto-fill / type-ahead actual following / follower list in new tweets or replies  ·   · 
    beanpediabeanpedia shared a merged idea: it's inconvenience to find twitter user using hootsuite MoBile.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Have type ahead like twitter.com does  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: highlight or in some way convey that i have tagged a twitter handle correctly when I enter it in a tweet  ·   · 
    Tina HertelTina Hertel shared a merged idea: Have autocomplete in searching capability and allow to search contacts directly rather than just view all.  ·   · 
    Gregg YowsGregg Yows shared a merged idea: autocomplete my followers/following when typing "@xxx" in message like Twitter.com  ·   · 
    Martin SchelasinMartin Schelasin shared a merged idea: @tagging Detection for FB and Twitter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow @tagging of friends/fan pages within Twitter status updates  ·   · 
    JayJay shared a merged idea: Detect twitter handles when composing tweets  ·   · 
    AnthonyAnthony shared a merged idea: Add @ Twitter name auto-complete  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make it possible to auto fill from the entire list of 'following' users.  ·   · 
    RJRJ shared a merged idea: Autofill @tagging from Twitter followers/folling when composing messages  ·   · 
    Diniz BortolottoDiniz Bortolotto shared a merged idea: when typing a @ character HootSuit could offer a list of friends.  ·   · 
    Harriet TeesHarriet Tees shared a merged idea: show auto-suggestions for @tags when you start typing them into "compose message"  ·   · 
    Michael 'MC' CarterMichael 'MC' Carter shared a merged idea: Autocomplete Twitter handles when composing a tweet  ·   · 
    Gabe SmithGabe Smith shared a merged idea: When I try to @ mention someone it should pull up a list of all of my followers.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: to find and auto-include the @twittername on the webpage I want to share using hootsuite bookmarklet  ·   · 
    JoeJoe shared a merged idea: On "@" input, list a dropdown to suggest tweeters  ·   · 
    HeatherHeather shared a merged idea: Bring up a list of contacts when I enter the @ symbol in a tweet.  ·   · 
    LarsLars shared a merged idea: Show list of Followers while writing a Tweet to send Tweets to the person without typing the full na  ·   · 
    kjbennettkjbennett shared a merged idea: add auto-complete in tweet window for twitter names you follow - like TweetDeck and Echofon.  ·   · 
    Nick DionneNick Dionne shared a merged idea: add a "check names" for names you aren't sure of  ·   · 
    Phil MonteroPhil Montero shared a merged idea: Improve addressbook and Autocomplete  ·   · 
    MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: Search my contacts  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Hi everyone! I wanted to update you on this functionality.

The HootSuite dashboard should currently offer any suggestions of usernames you’ve interacted with in the last 30 days. We max out this list at 50/first letter, but you can delete a username from the list by clicking the ‘x’ on the drop down that appears.

Recently (July 2013), it was discovered that we had not been saving suggestions for the past 90 days, and you may have seen the impact of this in your browser. It is now resolved, and the expected behaviour (as listed above) is now available.

We’ll continue to have this feature ‘under review’ so that we can evaluate the possibility of including all contacts in this auto-fill.

Sincerely,

Sarah @HootSuite_Help – http://hootsuite.com/help

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gretchen kalwinskigretchen kalwinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm managing social accounts for multiple business clients and considering another platform if Hootsuite doesn't fix this autofill issue STAT. It's *so* inconvenient! Can we get an update?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This REALLY needs to happen. I've only recently attempted to integrate Hootsuite into my workflow, but it's near impossible to do so because it can't/won't integrate my followed contacts or Twitter handles at large.

• James WardJames Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even limiting this to people I follow would be a step down from twitter.com or tweetdeck. It's crazy to not have this addressed after 4 years.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you update us again? I don't believe it factors in time. It appears to be just first 50/first letter which you follow not those with that letter who you have recently tweeted. I regularly see names I have never tweeted by handle and don't see those I regularly address.

• Přemek BradaPřemek Brada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As most people here, I simply don't understand why this is missing from a web app when so many mobile apps have the function.

• Daniel SchroederDaniel Schroeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this is so difficult. Just autocomplete the handles that I follow. It shouldn't be a memory issue except for people who follow thousands of people (the very small majority), so put a cap of 1000 handles in it. An array of 1000 strings, each with a max of 50 characters, really doesn't require that much memory and should be very easy to implement. If it could also search by a persons Name that would be gold, as I often don't remember my friends' handles and want to find them quickly by their real name.

• ian adamsian adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have run out of votes, but I would give this all 3 if I could. Would be great to have options to choose campaign Hashtags or interests groups.

Hootsuite, I LOVE your layout but this whole "we can't figure out the auto-complete" thing has be pondering a switch to another app. I need a program that will auto complete from my followers and people I follow, not just from the last 50 people I've mentioned.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it that Tweetbot can do this in a useful and helpful way, but Hootsuite, that I pay $120/yr for, doesn't have a useful autofill function?

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this has been under review since December 2010, how come not a lot seems to be happening? An update from sombody Hootsuite would be nice :)

• Joseph K.Joseph K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just griping this morning that Hootsuite (browser-based in my case) wasn't able to auto-fill a Twitter account that I follow but do not interact/mention regularly. It would be nice if Hootsuite (across all platforms) at least would look to auto-complete/auto-fill from all of accounts you're following.

It is incredibly important to be able to auto-fill all names one follows!!! What if I don't speak to someone often and I want to wish them a Happy Birthday? I have a few online mentors who I dont "annoy" with toooo much online interraction but if I want to chuck them a quick question I need to look up their exact handle?? What if I see a job offer/comment that could be interesting to someone I know?? So so many reasons why i NEEEEEDD this feature.... so much so that I have gone back to Tweetdeck.... thanks anyway

• AngelaAngela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a former TweetDeck user as well... my conversion to another solution is downright painful without an autofill for @'s. I may want to tweet on my mobile out and about and have not had the time to 'do the research' (about who has an underbar in their handle, who spells it in a funky way, etc.) beforehand. I want my app to be flexible and seamless. Please update this for mobile.

• Hannah MorganHannah Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the record, I've been following the update for this issue for months- waiting for the issue to be resolved. Like every other person adding their comments, I still can not use auto complete to work for Twitter from my pc. Please, please resolve!

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with Duncan. In the last 3 months, I haven't had 1 occurrence of auto complete actually working. Its rather disappointing that it doesn't work. It is 1 feature that is REALLY handy

• DuncanDuncan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't seem to have any autofill on a message composition window :(

Shame as that was the onnly bit of Tweetdeck that worked well!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base