Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Add Personal Facebook Chat support

Be able to add a column which would allow chat with our personal facebook contacts

209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fintan BreenFintan Breen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Private messaging for personal profiles (NOT just pages)  ·   · 
    JasonJason shared a merged idea: facebook messages  ·   · 
    Carson BanksCarson Banks shared a merged idea: Add a stream for *Personal/User* Facebook Messages to Friends  ·   · 
    Adam RoynonAdam Roynon shared a merged idea: Add more stream options  ·   · 
    Ra NuRa Nu shared a merged idea: id love to be able to recieve my facebook inbox on twitter  ·   · 
    DAMIANA SANTOS ESCUDERO RODRIGUEZDAMIANA SANTOS ESCUDERO RODRIGUEZ shared a merged idea: me gustaria de una aplicación para enviar un mensaje privado a todos mis amigos en el facebook a la ves  ·   · 
    Mark TawneyMark Tawney shared a merged idea: Facebook Massages - LinkedIn messages URGENT  ·   · 
    Alison CrossAlison Cross shared a merged idea: allow us to stream our private messages on our facebook profiles, not just business pages.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable a stream for personal messagens on facebook profile (not facebook pages)!  ·   · 
    Dan McPhersonDan McPherson shared a merged idea: Add a stream for personal Facebook messages  ·   · 
    Adrian Djtrojan LoweAdrian Djtrojan Lowe shared a merged idea: just a simple idea but facebook inbox or is there a way of doing this and am missing out  ·   · 
    Dave HootSuiteDave HootSuite shared a merged idea: Add private group chat  ·   · 

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zios007zios007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get that Hootsuite acquired Seesmic which had chat feature... why didn't you implement that too? Now we don't have an app that worked perfectly fine with chat and everything else.. and now with Hootsuite we don't have it.
        Normally when you acquire another service is to improve yours I believe. In this case didn't happen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have to make an comment on this as well.
        Like other stated, there is no use into using this service if there is no FB chat.

Please give us an update on this.

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an image that posts fine when I go straight through facebook, but Hootsuite does not want to take it. How can I be sure to get the same user experience when trying to add photos or albums to a post?

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When posting multiple images (3) in hootsuite then scheduling, I can't see all the images that are set to go out with that post when I go in to edit the scheduled post. How do I check this to be sure all the images I want are in there?

• SKLSKL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since 2011 this has been requested and is not available in 2014. Yeah I don't think so. Not getting my money until it works.

I really need this, absolutely no point me using this platform without this feature. I'll be leaving if this isn't added in the very near future.

• JLJL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a basic functionality that is missing from personal accounts.

May prevent me from using it - the whole point of this service is integration and the lack of need for multiple pages/apps.

Hi - we're evaluating HootSuite and other management systems. Does anyone know of any systems that have the ability to manage Facebook messages (eg. on profile rather than pages)? This would be a really useful feature for us....

• Theresa JenningsTheresa Jennings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We aim to extend Facebook functionality in the future," per Chris from Hootsuite Nov. 4, 2011. From about two years ago. Where is this? I agree that it's crazy that I'd have to go to the actual Facebook app to PM someone. Then why don't I just stay there, instead of coming back to HootSuite? Is it an API issue? I must say that Facebook's API is pretty sucky in the first place.

• Chris spellerChris speller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I cannot understand how it advertises to manage accounts from one page but I have to go back to Facebook to check personal messages and find out who liked status updates or made comments, makes no sense, also, it may just be me but when I update twitter feed and tap more, I then have to scroll backwards to catch up with the messages, why does it not start from the last message read??

• Roman ZaczkiewiczRoman Zaczkiewicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have just started using the Hoot Suite but the lack of Facebook's chat facility and pm inbox from private profile is really a nuisance.

• fxufxu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this happened yet?

I JUST downloaded HooteSuite and it's a great idea- but- the purpose is totally defeated if I have to open Facebook on a separate tab to use my chat and then log in and out to chat from each acccount...

Being able to monitor and send private messages/replies to my own messages in HootSuite would definitely be another nudge toward purchasing the paid-for account. At the moment, the monthly price is a bit too high for the additional 'Pro' features I'd use, but it's frustrating to not be able to monitor my basic accounts and pages. I don't need reports and analytics and the other "upgrade" features ... just to be able to access all pages/groups, a couple more twitter accounts, and (maybe) get my PMs. However, I might consider it just for the ability to access my main FB messages.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base