Feedback Forum

How can we improve Hootsuite?

@tagging for Facebook Profiles in statuses

allow @tagging of friends/fan pages within Facebook status updates

Note: Tagging of Facebook Pages in posts by Facebook Pages was released on March 23rd, 2016.

9,591 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Melinda McKeeMelinda McKee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Julia TurnerJulia Turner shared a merged idea: Need tagging ability ASAP.  ·   · 
    AleAle shared a merged idea: Postear en comunidades G+ y etiquetar en imagenes en Twitter y Facebook  ·   · 
    cheryl cowanscheryl cowans shared a merged idea: being able to tag my friends or facebook members on the post  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Tagging the friends and pages in needed, Posts hold hootsuite name in facebook, will be able to change it  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Tagging scheduled tweets and facebook posts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add the ability to add Facebook tags in a scheduled post! Pleaseeeeeeee  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow scheduled posts the ability to tag people and pages on facebook!  ·   · 
    Marcello BrattoliMarcello Brattoli shared a merged idea: more photos and tag on facebook  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: create FB tagging capability so we can tag clients, and also fix previews for FB other than just pages (like pics and events).  ·   · 
    Jason TatumJason Tatum shared a merged idea: Please make it possible to @tag people in scheduled Facebook post. This is highly important.  ·   · 
    AngelaAngela shared a merged idea: Tagging People/Brands in Facebook  ·   · 
    Kelle WalshKelle Walsh shared a merged idea: Create ability for Facebook tagging in scheduled posts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add tags (both businesses and people) to facebook status updates (especially scheduled facebook messages).  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable tagging for facebook through the scheduling tool  ·   · 
    Chauanh Chauanh shared a merged idea: It would be so wonderful to able to tag someone in a comment on a Facebook post!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add the ability to be able to "tag" profiles, pages, etc. on Facebook posts. It is essential for my professional needs.  ·   · 
    flutewittflutewitt shared a merged idea: Add the feature that allows us to @tag pages and people in scheduled posts of photos, events, etc.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow @tagging for Facebook posts  ·   · 
    Jenny FinkeJenny Finke shared a merged idea: Please allow tagging of other pages on Facebook. This takes Hootsuite truly SOCIAL.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hootesuite is useless for business purposes if we cannot @tag fan/friend pages in our posts  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Make possible to ability to tag someone on a facebook account.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add a feature that allows tagging on hootsuite to a facebook post  ·   · 
    triciatricia shared a merged idea: allow facebook tagging of other pages and people within hootsuite  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add Facebook profile tags  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please make it so I can tag other people & FB pages in my posts. Thanks!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: will be awsome to be able to tagg people using the @ function , with hootsuite !!!!  ·   · 
    Pedro PalaoroPedro Palaoro shared a merged idea: I want to sugest that when we work with facebook pages we can link posts with another pages or community, like fb feature.  ·   · 
    DianaDiana shared a merged idea: Hi can you please add functionality to 'tag' a page through HS in order to schedule posts and not have to add them directly on FB.  ·   · 
    TaraTara shared a merged idea: enable tagging users for Facebook pages -- this is an extremely useful tool for business (& personal) use when scheduling posts!  ·   · 
    Benjamin BombigBenjamin Bombig shared a merged idea: to support the possibility to link other pages in posts!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: start allowing us to tag people on Facebook through Hootsuite.  ·   · 
    Gary HesslerGary Hessler shared a merged idea: allow auto complete for Facebook user-names  ·   · 
    Adriana RodrigoAdriana Rodrigo shared a merged idea: Tagging on Facebook  ·   · 
    Melting Pot Food ToursMelting Pot Food Tours shared a merged idea: allow tagging of another Page in a status update for Facebook.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Develop a function to status tag for Facebook within Hootsuite  ·   · 
    Erasmus ZachariasErasmus Zacharias shared a merged idea: add tagging feature to facebook api. This would be VERY useful for anyone who runs business fanpage  ·   · 
    posiegirlposiegirl shared a merged idea: allow linking to other pages in Facebook posts.  ·   · 
    Art GeigelArt Geigel shared a merged idea: You should add the ability to recognize "@" designators for people when I'm entering Facebook names.  ·   · 
    TheMeFundTheMeFund shared a merged idea: Tagging Facebook people, events, pages, etc.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: make it possible to tag people in facebook status posts  ·   · 
    MariamMariam shared a merged idea: Tag Facebook Pages  ·   · 
    Josh MartinJosh Martin shared a merged idea: Tagging in Facebook and Twitter  ·   · 
    John D.John D. shared a merged idea: Using the @ symbol in Facebook  ·   · 
    andyjehnandyjehn shared a merged idea: Link up with @ mentions for Facebook posts!  ·   · 
    Julie MazziottaJulie Mazziotta shared a merged idea: tagg people in a facebook update  ·   · 
    Jeff MarcouxJeff Marcoux shared a merged idea: @ Tags in Facebook  ·   · 
    KatrinaKatrina shared a merged idea: Make it possible to tag Facebook pages in status update  ·   · 
    Roberto DíazRoberto Díaz shared a merged idea: Facebook mentions  ·   · 
    Under Review  ·  John HallettAdminJohn Hallett (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback and continued support.

Hootsuite is happy to announce the release of our new @Mentions feature, allowing tagging of user profiles on Twitter and Instagram, and Pages on Facebook.

Important note: due to API limitations, in order to mention a Facebook Page, the post must be sent from a Facebook Page.

This means that mentions of Facebook Pages from Facebook Personal Profiles is currently not possible. Mentioning Facebook Personal Profiles from any account is also not currently possible.

Thank you,

574 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter SchoeniPeter Schoeni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Twitter usernames on Facebook:
        Mentioning Twitter users, e.g. "@hootsuite", is converted into "hootsuite" when posting on Facebook. So the "@" is deleted and Facebook users are confused since they cannot see that this is a username of another social media site; it just looks like "normal" typed text. According to Hootsuite Help, this is because API restrictions. However, it would be nice to have a workaround so the "@" would remain and so it is identifiable as username. In my opinion, it doesn't even need to be a hyperlink; plain text including the "@" would be fine.

• David M.David M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Functionality has changed. FaceBook pages are now tagable. But they in the Bulk imported they resolve to a Twitter tag. Please update functioanlity to resolve Facebook post page tags to Facebook only.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature only allows me to tag other FB pages, and not FB profiles. Please update this so tagging people is an option as I rarely need to tag a FB page but would like to be able to use a tagging feature

• Brian D.Brian D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love to be able to tag my friends in Hootsuite posts. That would make it so it would be truly set it and forget it.

Thanks for your help and for making an awesome product!

Brian D.

I have to put about 15 @mentions in each post and it's a real pain that I can't just cut and paste them, I have to manually type each one every time or it's not a live mention. :(

Maybe I am missing something, but tagging another Facebook page from my company's Facebook page still is not working through Hootsuite (tried this last week). I used the @Mention feature with the Facebook page that I wanted to mention, but it just posted as regular text and not as a mention.

• LesleyLesley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't read all the comments, however I agree with those I have seen which describe this as a step backwards.
        I want to be able to write a longer post on Facebook or Instagram mentioning Twitter profiles & link the 2. It is now a pain & the Twitter posts don;t make sense.
        I'm left now writing twice as many posts as previously & losing traffic from my Facebook page as Twitter users don't go back to it.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a user of Hootsuite since 2011 it's been a godsend for me with my business. I owe HS rather a lot and I appreciate it, but sorry this feature is SO BAD will you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE switch it off or I agree with a few below saying make it optional. This is the worst piece of development that Hootsuite have done :( it just slows everything down

Today I can't tag some people I am accustomed to tagging daily (like my employer). When I try to tag, even though hootsuite auto populates the right tag as I am typing, and I choose it, and it looks normal, when I hit "schedule" and then view it, there is NO tag but just the name I typed with no "@" and no ability to click on it. I am frustrated. Is anyone else having this problem today? Just started happening on May 3 for me.

• Jon MorterJon Morter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys, I've been a Hootsuite user since 2009, and an Ambassador since 2011 (I think!). This feature NEEDS to be OPTIONAL on/off as what has happened here is making the whole posting process slow and buggy. It's now very frustrating to @mention a profile on Twitter and I have clients who agree + are not fans of the new streams either.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...it wasn't broke

I appreciate the need to always be developing and trying new things but when you have a product that does it's just very well, just nurture it, don't break it

• HeatherHeather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a fail (like everyone below has pretty much said). Please don't roll out buggy features or at least include a turn off option for those of us that don't have time to try and hack the issue so that our posts go out properly. Please include a turn off option ASAP.

This new function doesn't work properly. Half the time when I type the name, it doesn't load. It also doesn't work when you copy and paste the name. Also, it's difficult to put a period in front of a mention if it's the first item in your post - you can't put click on the left of the mention, you have to click to the right and use the arrow to move back. Lastly, for some reason sometimes when I enter mentions, they jump from where I am inserting them to the end of the post for no reason. Go back to the old system please. Ugh!

• james greysonjames greyson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I cut or copy and paste @mentions, it pastes nothing. Please don't ruin a good platform with features that make it so much harder to use. I'd suggest please just keeping the twitter text box for text, not for rampaging white elephants. You could instead add a feature to the twitter search field to paste found accounts into the posting box.

Another bug with this cumbersome bloatware 'feature', the @mention no longer works as text and doesn't allow a space or other text to be inserted before. Please can you remove this and avoid buggy features in future?

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature so far sucks. If you go to edit a tweet to add an @ mention it adds it to the end of the tweet instead of where you type it. Copy and paste doesn't fix the tweet. Sometimes it doesn't even recognize the @ username at all, and instead replaces the @ username with a bunch of random characters ruining the tweet and character count all together. MAJOR bug flaws.

Worst feature ever. When adding @ to usernames in posts it doesn't recognise the complete name then it deletes the @. Huge nuisance and waste of time.

• John-Pierre CornelissenJohn-Pierre Cornelissen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And this introduced a BUG in the twitter character count:

I have a tweet that I want to schedule with a @ twitter mention. This is what the count is:
        - Hootsuite dashboard: 35
        - Hootlet: -7 (so it doesn't let me schedule the tweet)
        - Twitter itself: 34

I have screenshots, but unfortunately I can't upload them here.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not liking this new feature - it doesn't search Twitter handles properly. I have to type in the full username in order for it to find it. What a waste of time. Can I turn it off?

• Caleb CookCaleb Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A viable addition to this feature would be to allow the user to specify individual usernames per network- so I could select a Facebook page, Twitter handle, and IG username for a single person.

Thank you! I tried tagging my staff in a post by the page today, though. It only let me tag the first person. The other people it couldn't find. Apparently the bigger the page, the more likely you are to find it in this feature, which only shows 5 or so options to tag. For example, I have a staff member named Clint Black. It only showed me the musician's Facebook page to tag to. Nooo.... How can I set up "preferred profiles" to tag?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29

Feedback and Knowledge Base