Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Display the name of team member who posted a tweet in the SENT column.

This already displays in the pending/scheduled tweets column which is very useful when reviewing what has been loaded up as you know who posted what when working in a team environment. Once they've been sent, however, there is no access to that same information on Hootsuite but I'm not sure why.

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RobynRobyn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jess #ATLJess #ATL shared a merged idea: "Team Member" posted this message to "Facebook/Twitter" notification box?  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Include post details in paid version, OR have some sort of log so we can see who on the team made the post  ·   · 
    jlatimerjlatimer shared a merged idea: Who published what tweet?  ·   · 
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Include name of who sent the tweet in the tweet's annotations  ·   · 
    Judi SohnJudi Sohn shared a merged idea: Let owners see specific activity of team members  ·   · 
    under review  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, Hootsuite) responded  · 

Hi there! Thank you all for your feedback,

While we do not have this feature quite yet, we do understand that it is an important feature in terms of account transparency and accountability in a team environment.

Our developers are continuing to investigate this feature suggestion for future updates to Hootsuite.

As a current work-around, we recommend having your team members enable the auto-initial setting within the Hootsuite web dashboard. For more information on this, please head to https://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21606308-Enabling-Auto-Initial.

Thank you!
    Travis | @Hootsuite_Help

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy RossAndy Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on HootSuite, this is a must have. I can't believe I've migrated my team over - I thought this was a given...

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely a necessary feature that should be available for less than $1,500 a month!

• BarrieBarrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this really the end of the conversation? In 2011 Chris from Hootsuite replied with "We continue to review ways of improving team collaboration". Clearly Hootsuite can do this, because it's available for Enterprise. So we're all waiting for a worthy competitor to offer it at an affordable rate and then Hootsuite will follow.

I can't believe that Hootsuite isn't offering this.

• KelvinKelvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surprised this feature still hasn't been implemented. This seems so basic that I forgot to even check for this functionality before we migrated from mediafunnel. Like others said, this an absolutely necessary feature for any social media team that has some sense of individual accountability

• Mikey AmesMikey Ames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any team needs this information, not just those who can afford Enterprise. I am already paying over $100 a month for the team members I have collaborating. It's really not nice to hold out on this piece of data unless we pay you $1,500 per month. Please put at least one of the 4 reports that gives this information available to your smaller team customers.

• Alison ChandlerAlison Chandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love that you can see who scheduled a tweet and would like for this to carry over into sent tweets. It's fairly important for accountability when working in teams. Just yesterday, somebody had to email me to ask if I had made a post, because they could not see this information in Hootsuite. Many thanks.

• BillBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? Is this too much to ask for a paid account? Please add this now.

• ZiyadZiyad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is an important feature. I thought there was a bug but apparently it an ENT feature. I am current'y experimenting other services. $1500 is too much for one feature.

• David TDavid T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately Robyn, Team Analytics is available for Enterprise users only, so we'd have to pay an additional $1500 a month just to see who sent what....

• RobynRobyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We found out how to track this information that has proven to be very useful.

Go to the Analytics section and select 'Create New Report'.
        Now select 'Custom Report' from templates section, then go to 'Analytics Modules' on left-hand side of screen.
        Scroll down to 'Team Analytics' and add any one or all of the following options to your report.
        1. Team Activity
        2. Team Activity Aggregated
        3. Post Details
        4. Compare Post Counts

Select the frequency you'd like the report (daily, weekly, twice-monthly or monthly), name it, add any other modules you have available to you depending on the type of account you have and save it. You can also share it and then this will be emailed to you on a regular basis as a PDF and voila, you have a record of who posted what and when in a log format. It also displays retweets and @replies in this info. Extremely valuable insight for any team to have access to.

Thanks Hootsuite for showing us this, we are extremely happy with this feature now that we know about it!

• johnny wonjohnny won commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

are you kidding me? I just migrated my entire team's CoTweet account to Hoot Suite looking for this one basic feature and this isn't available? Isn't that the entire point of the dashboard? To know who put what up there and when?

• JanPieterJanPieter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crucial feature! As an admin I nééd to know who sent what! Accountability is an important issue in our (governmental) organization.

• Non-techie TalkNon-techie Talk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am thinking of using Hootsuite to support team member tweets, but not if all tweets display as though they came from me - that's not cool.

Please provide updates on any progress you're making to improve the functionality of team tweeting.

• Courtney AllisonCourtney Allison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a huge need for my team. It is the ONLY reason I don't feel that I can upgrade to a larger service package.

• calviscalvis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You advertise this product as being for teams, but you don't keep track on which team members send what tweets? We need to have the ability to track tweets from team members. Even a report would be nice. Without this your team concept is fundamentally flawed. Please consider this request as it is very vital for our organization. Team members need to be recognized for their their tweets, or lack of tweets.

• DavidHDavidH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes: this was one of, if not the, main reason why we signed up to Hootsuite Pro. Without the ability to easily see who sent what, will probably scrap it after the trial. Seems odd they're not tracked.

• StaceyStacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, my entire team has asked for this and it would be very helpful!

Feedback and Knowledge Base