Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Please return "Favorite" icon from pull-down menu.

I think "Favorite" icon should NOT be hidden in pull-down menu.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    m1yamazakim1yamazaki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JRJR shared a merged idea: Allow customization of the action bar above each tweet.  ·   · 
    BrianBrian shared a merged idea: Allow us to leave "favorites" as primary tweet selection  ·   · 
    Jared MorganJared Morgan shared a merged idea: Move the location of the favourite button in the menu  ·   · 
     corey dawkins corey dawkins shared a merged idea: add ability to favorite directly from timeline  ·   · 
    AtomAtom shared a merged idea: move favourites back into visible area  ·   · 
    David WinterDavid Winter shared a merged idea: reinstate the Favourite star in the rollover toolbar rather than hiding it in a dropdown  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SebastianSebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

June 19, 2012
        We’ll examine the use case scenario for adding the Favorite button to the main button selection instead of the drop down menu. LOL.

lol 2010... still no solution for that? K then i need another software.. its a NO GO for me.

This is a "no go" for me. I need that fav button so often and i wont use the software if it cant provide that. Sorry :(

• MarkusMarkus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely please! basic and frequently function of all twitter-users. or could you imagine a like-button being positioned in a pull-down menu.
        Superstrange, that this is still there also after your redesign! This entry here is 2010/2011

• mobtowngeorgemobtowngeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking something very similar while using the hootsuite hootlet extension for chrome. I was thinking the drop down button should be sticky, so that the last thing you selected would be the default. Selecting favorites would make the default favorites until you selected show all again.

• JRJR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, the order is "Reply | Retweet | Direct Message" and you need to use the drop-down menu to get "Reply All" and 'Favorite". This is silly! The 'favorite' button is used far more often than 'direct message'. It would be great to have it easily accessible, rather than hidden within a drop-down menu. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES Ad Favorite icon directly not in a submenu....

Use often, 2 click process is a loose of time!

• teaneedzteaneedz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move the fav from the dashboard's drop down menu. class:"_more icon-19 expand" is very problematic on the web requiring many "clear cache messages" clicks to get working again. Favs/Stars are an important form of user engagement. If there is not enough space, just exchange it with the DM feature. We can always DM easily enough from the compose message editor. Fav'ing though is an action that needs to be front and center in the UI. The whole experience of Fav/Stars could use some tweaking within the HootSuite environment.

• Dominik DeobaldDominik Deobald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also prefer to show "Favorites" only as default and an option where I can switch to "all" manually. Why not remember the last state when the popup was open?

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm confused about why it is that you have the "favorites" selection, but I have to select "favorites" every single time I go to tweet. What's the point? I thought Hootsuite was supposed to make Twitter faster. 900 clicks doesn't do that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base