Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

HootSuite Desktop Customization

It would be awesome if there was the capability to customize the colors/themes of HootSuite Desktop as with other Twitter clients. Even if the selection was limited to just several choices.

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Coldwell BankerColdwell Banker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: more customization (colors, skins, themes) for users.  ·   · 
    Jennifer Kimbell Jennifer Kimbell shared a merged idea: Please Please Please expand the dropdown menu on the dashboard. I can't see the names of all our pages!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Cutomize Themes Please :)  ·   · 
    Andi RamsayAndi Ramsay shared a merged idea: Allow users to customise an on-hover delay or manual behaviour for the fly-out areas (menu bar & compose message area).  ·   · 
    mg.JCmg.JC shared a merged idea: Update their interface, new design, more intuitive.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: COLUMS WITH COLORS  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hire some UX designers  ·   · 
    RollieRollie shared a merged idea: UI update  ·   · 
    John PettiforJohn Pettifor shared a merged idea: have some options for themes and looks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: User Interface Themes  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Themes  ·   · 
    Almedin ČandićAlmedin Čandić shared a merged idea: Please face-lift the design  ·   · 
    BryanBryan shared a merged idea: change the interface. it's ugly, slow and old. it's been years, update your app.  ·   · 
    Dhiren Dhiren shared a merged idea: input 4 or 5 different colour schemes, i dont like the grey interface.  ·   · 
    karlakarla shared a merged idea: you should upload a new color themes, we spend a lot of time in the dashboard and is a little sad always watch the same grey color  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Themes  ·   · 
    YuYu shared a merged idea: A black and blue theme please  ·   · 
    Cameron TsongCameron Tsong shared a merged idea: More themes  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: should either be able to change into more themes, or compose your own coloring themes for the web-dashboard. That would rock socks :)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: More themes from Web version.  ·   · 
    Rob CottinghamRob Cottingham shared a merged idea: Allow each tab to have its own theme  ·   · 
    Leigh DudenhoefferLeigh Dudenhoeffer shared a merged idea: give us tweeps more themes to choose from. It would be wonderful to be able to create themes, too.  ·   · 
    Miguel Angel Seláez AspiazuMiguel Angel Seláez Aspiazu shared a merged idea: Cambiar el color  ·   · 
    Andrew WooldridgeAndrew Wooldridge shared a merged idea: allow for third party theme development  ·   · 
    Miguel Miranda de MattosMiguel Miranda de Mattos shared a merged idea: Custom colors or a dark background color option needed for accessibility... My $0,02.  ·   · 
    Aaron FergusonAaron Ferguson shared a merged idea: allow the user to choose background colors.  ·   · 

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • emem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could reduce the size of the text--it's uncomfortably huge.

• jenjen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I find the new version much too washed out and difficult to read. Focusing on conversations is particularly difficult.

• Jen NewmeyerJen Newmeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I also preferred the dark background with white text. The new dashboard doesn't appear to have the theme customization like the old version.

• Tim PageTim Page commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. I had a darker theme until the recent upgrade, and now black-on-white is the default and only option :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blank interface is really annoying... We need to have mor alternative, in order to provide a darker theme.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's bizarre that this suggestion and the admin response is still here, when the UI has now completely changed. There are no theme options at all now.

• MaartenMaarten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, 3 votes

Sorry can't use vote because Hootsuite limits and keeps/locks the votes for years here.

• Angel G. MoránAngel G. Morán commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

¿Y la posibilidad de poder personalizar el color en las notificaciones dentro del editor por cada red social? Ayudaría mucho para el tema de la programación.

Gracias

• YoannYoann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a "white clean theme" without gradient. Something very simple.

• Almedin ČandićAlmedin Čandić commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sarah, thanks for your reply!

Sure I changed the theme a couple of times, but unfortunately it does not get much prettier..

But I shouldn't complain at all since Hootsuite is free & works well :-)

Best,
        Almedin

• Angel IuvaleAngel Iuvale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am migrating to Hootsuite from TweetDeck which I have happily used for 3 years. On my mobile, my eyes don't like the lighter backgrounds, I always use a dark background and white text in TweetDeck. However the Hootsuite dark theme has no distinguishing color for hashtags, usernames and links, so to me, it's unusable. I would certainly appreciate a more customizable system. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seria muy útil que se pudieran utilizar colores diferentes por cuenta en el panel "Publisher" para tener una mejor vista de las publicaciones programadas.

• Doug LacombeDoug Lacombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see full color control of all elements like Tweetdeck has so I can pick what's easy on my eyes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base