Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

allow streams to be moved between tabs

I'm on a tab, I do a search. Now I want to save that column, but maybe to a different tab. There's no way. I have to close the search, go to the correct tab and redo the search to save it. I should be able to drag & drop to organize columns between tabs.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Judi SohnJudi Sohn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ThoughtcatThoughtcat shared a merged idea: Make it possible to drag an existing stream into a different tab  ·   · 
    Dorrit LowsenDorrit Lowsen shared a merged idea: move stream to different tab  ·   · 
    Jorge FernandeJorge Fernande shared a merged idea: Allow dragging of streams to other tabs  ·   · 
    m1yamazakim1yamazaki shared a merged idea: drag a column to other tab  ·   · 
    Marshall WilenskyMarshall Wilensky shared a merged idea: Move column to another tab  ·   · 

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin HrabikJustin Hrabik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be cool to drag a stream to the new tab area to create a tab just for it. It's going on 5 years since the request, what's the status?

• @funkyinnovator, fangirl of HootSuite@funkyinnovator, fangirl of HootSuite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, this has been resolved! Just figured it out! You go to the tab you want the stream added in, and then in the far right side of the page where add a stream toolbar is with icons- home, mentions, retweets,, etc.), you click on "Lists" and select the "+" next to the stream you want added in that tab. It will be added there.... Then you can delete it or leave it in the other tab you created it in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes in Hootsuite we are constantly organizing ourselves and moving streams from one tab to another should be a given

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Astounded that this is still not possible. Is anyone from Hootsuite monitoring this request?

• IsoIso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Would love to be able to use this, even if it's just an option under "edit stream" -> "move to..." -> tab

• Nikki ScottNikki Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur, we should be able to re-organize our streams and be able to drag and drop into any tab.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This almost makes me want to stop using HootSuite. After carefully filtering and creating a stream I should be able to move it to a different tab.

• Grant BGrant B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. Life would be so much easier if I could drag and drop between streams. Or at least some way to move between streams without having to re-create the whole thing...

• Valentino M. VolcovValentino M. Volcov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'New User" only using for two days already discovered this crappy limitation. Guess I have to remake the same streams and then delete the old ones from the list. oh well.

• StefanoStefano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two years and half now, PLEASE fix it.
        Even a "copy stream - paste stream" would be appreciated!
        Hootsuite is great, this issue should be peanuts for you to solve!
        Thanks for your job!

• mazzmazz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would save me a lot of time over the course of a week. It might even allow me to eat lunch.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base