Feedback Forum

I suggest you ...

Fully Support for Opera Web Browser

Hootsuite is working on Opera, but there are some little issues. Please fix these and support Opera Browser...

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    metudemetude shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Judith SchlueterJudith Schlueter shared a merged idea: snapping to finalize dragging of stream columns fails in Opera 10, leaves broad gray spaces  ·   · 
    Judith SchlueterJudith Schlueter shared a merged idea: implement a JavaScript which fixes Opera 10 screen width issue at 1024x768px screens with panel (F4)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: App for Opera  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

Though HootSuite does not currently support the Opera browser, we hope to do so in the future.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HootSuite worked fine in Opera. However since a couple of weeks, the "triangle" button that is on every tweet which gives you access to a menu with more options for a tweet stopped working. This is highly annoying.

• Rafael LuikRafael Luik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Vladislav! :)
        Opera Software announced recently they'll be dropping their engine "Presto" and use the Chrome engines to load web pages in the next versions (I think it'll include some extension support coming from the project), it means that HootSuite will start to work flawlessly when that happen. It means it's a matter of time now.
        HootSuite could provide an universal bookmarklet tool like Hootlet though!

• Vladislav TVladislav T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is there any changes in supporting hootsuite for opera? Hootlet for google chrome works flawlessly and I would really like to have the similar option in opera. :D

Thanks in advance

• like you need it.flush.toilett.comlike you need it.flush.toilett.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

where is my translate extension for opera now ??? I am talking about that extension that auto-translated stuff when it found another language.
        THAT was ONE of the PRIME reasons for me to use opera over other browsers.
        Not having that automatic feature and just having to manually do it (or so it seem on a quick summarize on the other extensions) is HUGE HUGE step backwards.
        Please developers , look into this .
        I want it back. else Opera will just become another browser like the rest. This really took the shine of this browser.
        Best regards

• teaneedzteaneedz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently a bug was introduced that prevents the Opera browser (11.60 on OS X) from being able to look at or save a Twitter Search stream (see Ticket #35336: Unable to save a Twitter search from HootSuite desktop STATUS : Deemed closed). It worked fine before in Opera. Although the support response was to use another browser, Opera fans prefer Opera for a number of feature rich reasons over the more popular mainstream browsers. Hopefully this suggestion (Over 12 months old) becomes finally addressed. Under review since October though makes me a little concerned though. The user experience demands a definite resolution ... one hopefully not much further down the road. The resolution for my problem was to mask the user agent. Opera > Preferences > Advanced > Content > Manage Site Preferences > Add the URL for hootsuite dashboard in the General Site field, then select the Network tab, Mask as Firefox in the Browser identification field.

• Rafael LuikRafael Luik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks HootSuite, this is VERY GOOD news for the future of the Web - conducted by open, multi-platform, standards! :)

• ervlerervler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. Opera is central to my HootSuite experience. It has worked fine for the last year or two. Please don't force me to switch my Twitter app - I love HootSuite!

Feedback and Knowledge Base