Feedback Forum

How can we improve Hootsuite?

color code tweets in the stream based on user, hashtag, etc..

It would be nice to change the color of certain tweets in the stream. I understand that I can add additional streams, but doing it with background colors allows me to condense data into a smaller amount of space, reducing the time it takes to parse through it.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon ThompsonJon Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    TinchTinch shared a merged idea: color code the publisher/calendar  ·   · 
    FlorisFloris shared a merged idea: let me pick a colour for each post, so I can categorise posts by subject and channel.  ·   · 
    terrabellterrabell shared a merged idea: enable 'hot tweet' and color coded labelling to tweets for easier and more organized recall.  ·   · 
    Under Review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

There are a few suggestions as far as color-coding is concerned. This is one we will consider.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DyNamaDyNama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like new mentions to be colored until i mark them as read. i use a firefox extension to color all my mentions i've rec'd at the moment, when a new mention comes in, it stands out by not being colored (bumping all the colored mentions down).

• vesselina tashevavesselina tasheva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally!!
        the publisher dashboard is not of much use if you need to read the tweet to see to which account it belongs to.
        i need a color to tell me that in a sec.

• Brian AltenhofelBrian Altenhofel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! I manage many accounts and it would make it a lot easier to discern what accounts I have good coverage on and what accounts I need to do better on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base